Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
camaroz1985

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review Empty
PostSubject: Screens for Bikes Windshield Review   Screens for Bikes Windshield Review EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:50 pm

I recently installed the Screens for Bikes windshield from Australia, and thought I would give a short review of the install and riding impressions.

Out of the box, it looks well made, and of good quality.

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review WP_20140711_00_34_53_Pro

Instructions are minimal, but not much more is needed. Installation is pretty straight forward.  

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review WP_20140711_00_35_20_Pro

I used the measurements given in the directions, and a piece of painters' tape to mark a horizontal line for the top holes.  I marked them and drilled them then marked the bottoms using the mounted shield as a guide and drilled them.

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review WP_20140711_01_21_11_Pro

I would recommend installing slightly higher than what the directions say, as a rib in the headlight shroud interferes with the lower nuts.  I read about this before, but forgot about it when installing.  Dremel quickly took care of that.

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review WP_20140711_01_43_49_Pro

I think it looks good and fits the design of the bike well.  It also contours to match the bike extremely well, even shaped to accommodate the front brake line arc.

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review WP_20140711_01_42_16_Pro

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review WP_20140711_01_42_25_Pro

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review WP_20140711_01_43_03_Pro

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review WP_20140711_01_42_35_Pro

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review WP_20140711_01_42_46_Pro

I'm 5'10", and ride highways about 55 miles a day.  Since installing this windshield highway riding has been much more enjoyable.  When I emailed Screens for bikes they said that people thought it made 1000 kph (62 mph) feel like 80 kph (50 mph), and I can see where they are coming from.  The wind blast hits right about eye level on my helmet, and is smooth, but makes it slightly louder.  The noise is probably pretty variable depending on your helmet, mine is on the louder side to start with (I wear ear plugs all the time, so the change was really not that noticeable for me).  It provides a pretty narrow yet tall "bubble" behind the windshield.  Basically freeing air from your chest, while it still hits your shoulders and arms.  I think it is a great compromise, especially for the summer, for winter I might want a little more coverage, but between the screen, hand guards, heated jacket liner, and heated grips I can deal.  The only other issue I noticed was there is a reflection of the headlight on the inside of the screen.  This would be lessened by moving it up on the headlight fairing slightly as well.  Overall I am very very happy with the windshield.  It isn't the cheapest option, but fits and looks great.  I went with solid white with the thought of making mounts to hold GPS, temperature controllers, etc. that would be hidden behind it.  Basically making it a middle class man's Lynx fairing (I think it's too expensive to call it poor man's).
Back to top Go down

Screens for Bikes Windshield Review
Page 1 of 1