Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What parts are differenct with the California WR250R?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
edr

What parts are differenct with the California WR250R? Empty
PostSubject: What parts are differenct with the California WR250R?   What parts are differenct with the California WR250R? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 4:46 am

Does anybody know exactly what parts are different with the California model to the 49 state model.

Is it just the charcoal canister which I believe is the main difference. I assume the AIS and other restrictive parts are the same.
I guess I am slightly concerned that the charcoal canister requires the CA model to use a different ECU or leaner setting.
If anyone is in the know I would appreciate your insight.

Thanks and regards,
Ed
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

PostSubject: Re: What parts are differenct with the California WR250R?   What parts are differenct with the California WR250R? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:48 am

The parts diagram lists the parts differences (U49=49 state model, CA=CA state model).  Mainly the canister assembly, fuel cap (vented vs non-vented), a few harness clamps etc.  The ECU and AIS have the same part numbers.
Back to top Go down
edr

PostSubject: Re: What parts are differenct with the California WR250R?   What parts are differenct with the California WR250R? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:17 am

I appreciate your answer. Where can I get a good complete parts diagram. Can one find other country specs for comparison?
Back to top Go down
edr

PostSubject: Re: What parts are differenct with the California WR250R?   What parts are differenct with the California WR250R? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:13 pm

I have found the parts diagram. seems like the throttle body and gas tank is different to. It appears the difference is for the outlet and connection to the canister. Like you said the ECU is the same. So most likely just plugging the hole in the throttle body after removing the hose to the canister should make the bike perform exactly like a 49 state bike.
I would assume there is no performance difference between the 2 bikes if the canister is left as is and the 2 bikes in stock mode were compared against each other. As I think the canister connection from the fuel tank and throttle body is the only difference for the CA model. The cams are the same so?
Back to top Go down
Old Rider

Old Rider

PostSubject: Re: What parts are differenct with the California WR250R?   What parts are differenct with the California WR250R? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:22 am

Gas tank is also different. Oops, already mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What parts are differenct with the California WR250R?   What parts are differenct with the California WR250R? Empty

Back to top Go down

What parts are differenct with the California WR250R?
Page 1 of 1