Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Newbie question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
beefcakemorris

beefcakemorris

Newbie question Empty
PostSubject: Newbie question   Newbie question EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:23 pm

I am getting ready to do the stock height adjuster on the rear shock. I see from a couple different sites the black knob is called a rebound adjuster. Is the black knob how you adjust the rebound on the rear shock itself?

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Newbie question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie question   Newbie question EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:51 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Newbie question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie question   Newbie question EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 6:37 am

I have found when setting rebound on a stock WRR rear shock it is best to remember the following:

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

Newbie question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie question   Newbie question EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:08 am

^^ wtf ?? LOL..... Man you must be on some pretty good drugs - or if not then maybe you should be, lol.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Newbie question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie question   Newbie question EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:33 am

GT-250 wrote:
^^ wtf ??   LOL..... Man you must be on some pretty good drugs - or if not then maybe you should be, lol.

Apparently you are not an aficionado of Monty Python nor maybe a fan of their movie "Search for the Holy Grail".

That and you may not be that the stock shock does not have enough rebound and the max rebound setting is 3 clicks out. Anything less than 3 and the rebound damping does function properly.
Back to top Go down
beefcakemorris

beefcakemorris

Newbie question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie question   Newbie question EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:11 am

If I am understanding correctly, then the individuals who lower their bike .9 to 1 inch with the stock lowering have no rebound at all.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

Newbie question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie question   Newbie question EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 5:26 pm

beefcakemorris wrote:
If I am understanding correctly, then the individuals who lower their bike .9 to 1 inch with the stock lowering have no rebound at all.

No, you do not understand correctly; lowering the bike (achieved through mechanical means) has nothing to do with the damping characteristics of the suspension (which is a hydraulic system).

The black knob that you inquired about controls the rebound damping of the shock; the clevis and corresponding locknut control the limited height adjustment of the rear shock linkage; these two systems are independent of each other.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

Newbie question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie question   Newbie question EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 5:29 pm

rsteiger wrote:
GT-250 wrote:
^^ wtf ??   LOL..... Man you must be on some pretty good drugs - or if not then maybe you should be, lol.

Apparently you are not an aficionado of Monty Python nor maybe a fan of their movie "Search for the Holy Grail".......

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

^^ "Correctamundo"....i'm more so a "Pulp Fiction" kinda guy, lol.

.....But yes mate i'm very aware of the stock rear shock limitations, which is why i have another 2nd unit on hand to get "re-done" in the future.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie question   Newbie question Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie question
Page 1 of 1