Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Resistor for richer fuel mixture question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockrider

Rockrider

Resistor for richer fuel mixture question Empty
PostSubject: Resistor for richer fuel mixture question   Resistor for richer fuel mixture question EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 10:45 am

Has anyone tried installing a resistor inline of the fuel injection for a richer burn? Programmer's are so high priced.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for richer fuel mixture question   Resistor for richer fuel mixture question EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:57 pm

I'm sure there are ways to trick the FI into adding more fuel, but most of the performance gains on mine when it just had a pipe & the air box opened up were from taking fuel away. The only place adding fuel helped was at or just above idle for ride ability & that was easily done with the CO adjustment for free.
Even with my ported head & 306cc engine I'm only adding ~30% at peak torque all the way down to zero in some of the lower RPM low load tables.
Back to top Go down
Rockrider

Rockrider

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for richer fuel mixture question   Resistor for richer fuel mixture question EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 7:25 am

4play wrote:
I'm sure there are ways to trick the FI into adding more fuel, but most of the performance gains on mine when it just had a pipe & the air box opened up were from taking fuel away. The only place adding fuel helped was at or just above idle for ride ability & that was easily done with the CO adjustment for free.
Even with my ported head & 306cc engine I'm only adding ~30% at peak torque all the way down to zero in some of the lower RPM low load tables.

My main concern is that the bike is running too lean. I would like to see the plug burning at a golden brown color.
I would hate to burn up my engine.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for richer fuel mixture question   Resistor for richer fuel mixture question EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 12:11 pm

My setup has an O2 sensor & I monitored my AF ratio as I modified the bike in stages, I have also read many other dyno charts with AF ratios & you are not going to be dangerously lean with just a pipe assuming everything else is working correctly. On my bike with the "ultimate air box mod" a Twin air filter & a high flow muffler  AF ratio was very safe, the only tweak it wanted was a touch more fuel at low engine speeds for tip in for improved throttle response (which can be done with the CO setting).

FYI, Today's fuels do not color the plugs nearly as dark as they used to.
Back to top Go down
Rockrider

Rockrider

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for richer fuel mixture question   Resistor for richer fuel mixture question EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 3:11 pm

4play wrote:
My setup has an O2 sensor & I monitored my AF ratio as I modified the bike in stages, I have also read many other dyno charts with AF ratios & you are not going to be dangerously lean with just a pipe assuming everything else is working correctly. On my bike with the "ultimate air box mod" a Twin air filter & a high flow muffler  AF ratio was very safe, the only tweak it wanted was a touch more fuel at low engine speeds for tip in for improved throttle response (which can be done with the CO setting).

FYI, Today's fuels do not color the plugs nearly as dark as they used to.

Cool!
I have cut air 3" square hole in the top of my air box and covered it with stainless mesh to keep the junk out. Now I have also drill a 9/16" hole thru the innner cannister before the spark arrester on the muffler. My CO setting is I believe +2, which started at a -5. These adjustments really let the bike sing.

Thanks for you info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resistor for richer fuel mixture question   Resistor for richer fuel mixture question Empty

Back to top Go down

Resistor for richer fuel mixture question
Page 1 of 1