Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...

Go down 
+9
stevo66
Big-O
DesertRatliff
Rapid Dog
twday
motokid
anoldsman
BuilderBob
renato_pt
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
renato_pt

Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... Empty
PostSubject: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:29 pm

good guys, I have a question what is the best map for my bike ...
Setup:
AIS Removed
Powercommander V (Fuel Only)
Flapper Removed
K & N Filter
Air box door Out
Stock Exhaust

My transmission is 13/42

I currently have this map: 22-016-002 Stock exhaust, Stock air filter, airbox lid removed

Greetings
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Without an Auotune, probably your best bet.
Back to top Go down
anoldsman

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:19 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
Without an Auotune, probably your best bet.

I agree. The AutoTune is a very nice feature if you can dig up enough money to get it. I also really like the LCD with data logging. It is a huge help to fine tune your map for efficiency / mileage or power. With a completely stock setup I went from 65 mpg to 70 mpg with my fist try. I have since put on a DDR exhaust and the mileage dropped back down to 65 mpg. But, I have more tuning to go if needed and the extra power / noise is nice with these lovely Memphis drivers.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Why are there not more maps for the PCV available by now?

Seems like a very limited quantity exist.

Too limited for a bike that's been around since 2008.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:22 pm

motokid wrote:
Why are there not more maps for the PCV available by now?

Seems like a very limited quantity exist.

Too limited for a bike that's been around since 2008.

Might be because of the cost of entry into the Autotune club. Most maps available on the Dynojet site have been submitted by end-users. There just aren't that many out there, is my guess. dunno
Back to top Go down
twday

twday

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:53 pm

renato_pt wrote:
good guys, I have a question what is the best map for my bike ...
Setup:
AIS Removed
Powercommander V (Fuel Only)
Flapper Removed
K & N Filter
Air box door Out
Stock Exhaust

My transmission is 13/42

I currently have this map: 22-016-002 Stock exhaust, Stock air filter, airbox lid removed

Greetings

This past Saturday one of the guys I went dual sporting with had a pretty "tricked out WRR. Power Commander, somebody's loud pipe, all of the usual airbox and other stuff modified or removed. He'd bought the bike used and complained about no low end and, before he went back to stock he wanted to compare (my bike is box stock). He's about 40 pounds lighter than me and a decade younger. We drag raced on gravel, in sand, on pavement and either broke even or I rolled away from him. On asphalt, it was no contest; I had a 1/8 mile lead after a mile. On gravel, we were even. In the sand, he had a slight edge with knobbies vs Shinko 705's. I keep seeing meaningly "improvements" posted on dyno testing. We were both convinced that sacrifices are being made pointlessly.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:58 pm

twday wrote:

This past Saturday one of the guys I went dual sporting with had a pretty "tricked out WRR. Power Commander, somebody's loud pipe, all of the usual airbox and other stuff modified or removed. He'd bought the bike used and complained about no low end and, before he went back to stock he wanted to compare (my bike is box stock). He's about 40 pounds lighter than me and a decade younger. We drag raced on gravel, in sand, on pavement and either broke even or I rolled away from him. On asphalt, it was no contest; I had a 1/8 mile lead after a mile. On gravel, we were even. In the sand, he had a slight edge with knobbies vs Shinko 705's. I keep seeing meaningly "improvements" posted on dyno testing. We were both convinced that sacrifices are being made pointlessly.

Then there is something way wrong with his bike.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:01 pm

BuilderBob wrote:

Might be because of the cost of entry into the Autotune club. Most maps available on the Dynojet site have been submitted by end-users. There just aren't that many out there, is my guess. dunno

I can see why guys/gals with autotune would not post maps, but those without should be making and posting the maps they make.

Does the autotune save settings?

If you have mods x,y,z, and pipe b and the weather is 70 degrees out and you live near sea level can't you save an autotune setting and post that for others to use who don't have autotune?

Can't you guys with PCV's and Autotunes help each other out?

Or does the autotune not allow such things to be saved?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:31 pm

motokid wrote:

If you have mods x,y,z, and pipe b and the weather is 70 degrees out and you live near sea level can't you save an autotune setting and post that for others to use who don't have autotune?
Yes, and yes. Kind of.

There is a switch that you can buy that will allow you to switch between two maps on the fly.

Alternatively, you can have a whole library of maps saved on your computer that you can upload to the PC5. Different maps for different conditions, mods, etc.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:48 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
motokid wrote:

Yes, and yes. Kind of.

There is a switch that you can buy that will allow you to switch between two maps on the fly.

Alternatively, you can have a whole library of maps saved on your computer that you can upload to the PC5. Different maps for different conditions, mods, etc.

Yes - but can you upload maps to this website that you create through your autotune?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:20 pm

motokid wrote:
BuilderBob wrote:
motokid wrote:

Yes, and yes. Kind of.

Yes - but can you upload maps to this website that you create through your autotune?

I have no idea, but that would be groovy. Maybe a section for maps. Mods chime in.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:25 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
motokid wrote:
BuilderBob wrote:
motokid wrote:

Yes, and yes. Kind of.

I have no idea, but that would be groovy. Maybe a section for maps. Mods chime in.

If you can upload maps, at the very least a sticky for PCV maps could be made easily.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:51 pm

motokid wrote:
BuilderBob wrote:
motokid wrote:
BuilderBob wrote:
motokid wrote:

Yes, and yes. Kind of.

If you can upload maps, at the very least a sticky for PCV maps could be made easily.

Yeah, they can be uploaded. Just PC data files.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:13 am

I think you PCV users owe it to yourselves to start a thread where maps can be uploaded, downloaded, and discussed.

Especially those people who take an existing map and modify it to some extent and find it beneficial. They need to share. thumb

It would be a valuable resource to have here.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
anoldsman

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:55 pm

motokid wrote:
I think you PCV users owe it to yourselves to start a thread where maps can be uploaded, downloaded, and discussed.

Especially those people who take an existing map and modify it to some extent and find it beneficial. They need to share. thumb

It would be a valuable resource to have here.

I'll post mine as soon as I get the latest map finalized.
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:06 pm

How/where do you go about downloading the map for a PCIII? Do you need a laptop next to the bike?

I see the demO: http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/Support-Released/PCIIIUSB/Tutorials/Send_map.swf

But I don't see a WR specific map...
software?
firmware?
Back to top Go down
anoldsman

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Rapid Dog wrote:
How/where do you go about downloading the map for a PCIII? Do you need a laptop next to the bike?

I see the demO: http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/Support-Released/PCIIIUSB/Tutorials/Send_map.swf

software?
firmware?

It took awhile to find it but here you are.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_maps_installs_product_buy_options.aspx?mdlyrid=432-411&make=28&model=96&make-n=Yamaha&model-n=WR250X/R&year=2008&mk=28&mdl=96&yr=2008
Back to top Go down
anoldsman

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Rapid Dog wrote:

software?
firmware?

And....Yes, you need a laptop hooked up to the PCIII to load the maps.
Back to top Go down
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:53 am

I'd love to have someone's Grave's exhaust, flapper/AIS delete, and Twin Air/Uni filter map. Right now I've got one for the Grave's, but that one just has the stock air box/filter.

You can mail me at: n.ratliff@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down
Big-O

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:51 pm

I'm surprised that no one has chimed in on this subject yet, its been better than a year! I just purchased a new/used 2013 wrr with the PC5 installed, FMF pipes etc. That was just 5 days ago and I'm already starting to mess with the maps that are available with the PC5, which I have to say are very few. I would really like to work with one or more guys out there and get this beast dialed in. Maybe I can purchase the auto-tune unit or get this thing dyno'd and help other PC5 guys out. I've been running maps 6 and 9 on the bike and I find map 9 works really well. Anyone else running this map?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:00 am

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Contact/powercommander_sales_support.aspx <-- clicky

Go to above link and send a request to get more maps loaded.

Takes about 30 seconds and maybe if enough people do it we can get a few more.

Maybe they just don't think there's enough wr250 owners out there with PC-V's to update anything?

thumb

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Big-O

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 am

Maybe I am wrong but it seems that many more people here use the FMF programmer than the PC5. Does the FMF programmer allow for several maps to be switched on the fly to suit different riding conditions? Example, going from road to dirt and vica versa. Would you guys who have the FMF programmer consider moving over to the PC5 or are you sold on the features of the programmer that you have?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 am

Big-O wrote:
Maybe I am wrong but it seems that many more people here use the FMF programmer than the PC5. Does the FMF programmer allow for several maps to be switched on the fly to suit different riding conditions? Example, going from road to dirt and vica versa. Would you guys who have the FMF programmer consider moving over to the PC5 or are you sold on the features of the programmer that you have?

There is NOTHING at all similar between an FmF and the PC-V.

Radically different in every way.

Apples to chairs comparison.

hide

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
stevo66

stevo66

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:45 pm

motokid wrote:
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Contact/powercommander_sales_support.aspx <-- clicky

Go to above link and send a request to get more maps loaded.

Takes about 30 seconds and maybe if enough people do it we can get a few more.

Maybe they just don't think there's enough wr250 owners out there with PC-V's to update anything?

thumb

Hi moto,
I clicked the link and got this email back thumb

We are located in North Las Vegas, NV.

If you would like to bring your bike to us (or make arrangements for someone else to) bring the bike with a particular set of modifications installed that we do not already have listed in our map database, we will be happy to tune the bike on the dyno and post the map publically for the world to enjoy.

I do not have any way to estimate if/when a particular bike with a particular set of modifications is going to be donated to us for tuning. Also, if you want to send us any pipes or parts that we can use to make maps with, we might be able to find the bike model locally that we can use to put the parts on and make a map with.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:17 pm

I got same thing:

Quote :
We are located in North Las Vegas, NV.

If you would like to bring your bike to us (or make arrangements for someone else to) bring the bike with a particular set of modifications installed that we do not already have listed in our map database, we will be happy to tune the bike on the dyno and post the map publically for the world to enjoy.

I do not have any way to estimate if/when a particular bike with a particular set of modifications is going to be donated to us for tuning. Also, if you want to send us any pipes or parts that we can use to make maps with, we might be able to find the bike model locally that we can use to put the parts on and make a map with.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081
1-800-992-4993

Trouble is - Delaware ain't reasonably close to Las Vegas. cry

It almost sounds like they'd tune your bike for free doesn't it? eeek

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... Empty

Back to top Go down

Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next