Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF questions...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oldschoolsdime92

FMF questions... Empty
PostSubject: FMF questions...   FMF questions... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 12:46 pm

I bought my WR250x recently with a whopping 2200 miles on the clock. PO had done the following

power bomb header
power core 4 muffler
air box lid removed
flapper removed
ais removed

When I got the bike it had a slight flat spot when you would shift into second gear. It wasn't bad, but slightly annoying. I started doing some research and came across a video on youtube from noah4444, who explained how to use the programmer, but also threw some numbers out to try. He said they had come from "STEVEAKUS" and they are as follows

3-5-.5-.5-8-4-4.5

He also said the preloaded FMF settings were
3-4-1-8-4-4.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnuTohrZ2q0

I tried "steveakus" tune and its fantastic. The bike pulls nicely from a "lugging the engine" situation all the way to redline, in every gear. No more flat spot in second gear.

Now heres my question. These numbers seem to differ quite a bit from some of everyone else's numbers. Is theres something I should potentially try, to make it even better? Or am I better off leaving well enough alone.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

FMF questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF questions...   FMF questions... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 12:53 pm

Everyone has slightly different numbers for different conditions, setups, and preferences. Unforunately there isn't a "perfect" number that you can plug in and make your bike work the best, because even something like altitude and ambient temperature can affect the bike. It might not be a big deal with a larger bike with more HP, but on the 250, the little things make a big difference in feel. Start with what you have if you like it, and adjust up and down slightly to see if it improves or worsens. It is good to start with a baseline with others that have similar mods, but don't take their numbers as gospel.

It is also a good idea to really understand what each of the settings are, so you don't just go changing random things.
Back to top Go down
oldschoolsdime92

FMF questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF questions...   FMF questions... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:32 pm

thanks! I'm really happy with my setup right now. I'm not totally thrilled about having the air box lid off, but its a dog with it on.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

FMF questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF questions...   FMF questions... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Do you still have the airbox lid? If so, do the "ultimate airbox mod"...I did. It turned out great and I have the benefit of water "protection".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FMF questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF questions...   FMF questions... Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF questions...
Page 1 of 1