Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I have a few WRX questions...

Go down 
+2
Evol
oldschoolsdime92
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oldschoolsdime92

I have a few WRX questions... Empty
PostSubject: I have a few WRX questions...   I have a few WRX questions... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:33 pm

I have a lead on what appears to be a decent WR250x. 2008, 7,000 miles. Seller tells me the bike needs tires. He has also mentioned to me it has FMF exhaust, along with an air box mod done. I inquired on a power commander or some sort of fuel management , and he said negative. He's running it like that on the stock mapping. Is this an issue ?

He also proceeded to tell me the bike had an R1 tail light and no rear turn signals. Is the r1 tail light a common swap? Is there anything specific I need to really check out, or just the stand wear and tear items?
Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: I have a few WRX questions...   I have a few WRX questions... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:27 pm

I would install a fuel programmer. If not, the bike is almost definitely running too lean. (I'd wonder how long he has run the bike that lean)

R1 taillight? Never seen it. Most people install the DRC Edge2 taillight.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: I have a few WRX questions...   I have a few WRX questions... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:37 pm

The bike will probably survive without a fuel programmer, but I'd get one because the throttle response will be better.

I've seen pics of R1 led tail lights grafted onto these bikes.
My opinion:
Blaahh.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I have a few WRX questions...   I have a few WRX questions... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:38 am

2008? 7000 miles???

I'd ask about the fuel pump. Has it been replaced, or is it stock?

Some 2008's had bad fuel pumps. Not all. Mine does not. Some do.

And yes - an efi programmer would be recommended.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: I have a few WRX questions...   I have a few WRX questions... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:26 am

There is very little chance it would run lean enough to hurt it self with just the airbox mod and a pipe. I monitored mine as I went with an auto tune, it was never dangerously lean with the stock engine.
Back to top Go down
danwray

danwray

PostSubject: Re: I have a few WRX questions...   I have a few WRX questions... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:42 am

the R1 tail light from the early 2000's i believe is a direct fit replacement, so it is feasible that an aftermarket light with the built in turn signals for an r1 could be put on the wrr to eliminate the turn stalks.

I have a few WRX questions... Motorcycle-led-tail-light-amp-signal-for
Back to top Go down
oldschoolsdime92

PostSubject: Re: I have a few WRX questions...   I have a few WRX questions... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:09 pm

motokid wrote:
2008?  7000 miles???

I'd ask about the fuel pump. Has it been replaced, or is it stock?

Some 2008's had bad fuel pumps. Not all. Mine does not. Some do.

And yes - an efi programmer would be recommended.

I will ask! good looking out. How much is the pump to replace?

I've actually decided to pass the bike we've been discussing. I found a much cleaner 08. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
oldschoolsdime92

PostSubject: Re: I have a few WRX questions...   I have a few WRX questions... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Well I ended up passing on the 7,000 mile bike, because I found a 2,000 mile bike here on the forum.  wink Met up with "burly" about 2 weeks ago and made it happen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a few WRX questions...   I have a few WRX questions... Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a few WRX questions...
Page 1 of 1