Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

screen rad guard, roto pax mount, rack

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rydnseek

rydnseek

screen rad guard, roto pax mount, rack Empty
PostSubject: screen rad guard, roto pax mount, rack   screen rad guard, roto pax mount, rack EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 7:43 am

No pics, yet, as i'm getting ready for a 4 day ride in N. Az & S. Ut. I'll get some of the mods soon.

I decided to take out the stock radiator guard & fan shroud. When i did some errands in shorts (not recommended) i noticed a lot of heat blowing on my foot. I thought the shroud over the fan was causing the air flow to direct to the feet. If you take the fan shroud off, it leaves no place to attach the wimpy plastic fins/radiator protector. One of my riding buddies had some extruded metal.. it's steel mesh. I cut a cardboard pattern, then made the one of mesh, bent some tabs to bolt on the radiator, & it seems to be ok. I can paint it or let it rust. It will deflect roosts but anything of substance will take it out.. but a serious crash in that area would probably take out any rad guard.

I also needed more range, but didn't want to pay out nearly $500 for a tank. screen rad guard, roto pax mount, rack Suspect So i bought the rotopax setup in 2 gal, & rigged up a mount on the side. I put an angle aluminum bracket i had on the end of the subframe, then attached some rectangular box aluminum to that. The box went down to the pass. peg & bolted on it. I also added a plate attached to the helmet lock nut & the tool box holder, attached it to the box brace & mounted the rotopax mount to that. I can pick up the rear of the bike with the brace, so it will be strong enough.. i'll bring plenty of zip ties & duct tape for crash repairs.

I also cut down the tail light assembly.. mounting the plate directly under the brake light. It's not as elegant as the japanese/euro tail light setup or the aftermarket ones, but it is functional.

I'll post up some pics, later.. been very busy with work & trying to get ready for a 4 day ride on monday. I still have to get something to shield my panniers from the exhaust. The rotopax tank will be great for the other side.

scotty
Back to top Go down
lukachuki

screen rad guard, roto pax mount, rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: screen rad guard, roto pax mount, rack   screen rad guard, roto pax mount, rack EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:45 am

rydnseek wrote:
No pics, yet, as i'm getting ready for a 4 day ride in N. Az & S. Ut.

Ahh my favorite place on earth. Be sure to take some pics and post em for those of us exiled on the east coast. Oh yes, pics of the mods would be good too!!! thumb
Back to top Go down

screen rad guard, roto pax mount, rack
Page 1 of 1