Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool

Go down 
+10
blusmoke
keetmanaa
pfy50
4play
Old Rider
Caldsy
Dogen
YZEtc
gatorfan
Biglake
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GusinCA

GusinCA

Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool   Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:50 pm

The heck with all of it, I got a flat once on a snow covered single track and vowed never to wind up in that situation again.

Now I've been running tire balls for the last 2 years and have never been happier.
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool   Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Wow those are cool, did you install the "tire balls" your self? have you ever needed to change the tire pressure or rotate the tire since the install?

I had to rotate my front tire so the tread wears evenly its a pirelli MT21, it was "cupping" pretty bad, had to take it of the rim, flip it around and put it back on. Took about an hour including watching a couple videos as refreshers since I change tires so infrequently but I see myself doing this again in 5-600 miles.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool   Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:48 am

I had each ball inflated to 15psi, and I use Michelin AC10 street legal knobbies. I do 99% dirt, so I have no real street knowledge, as the knobbies ride terribly on the pavement anyway.

But no issues at all, great grip, fantastic grip off road, really allows the tire to mold around rocks and such. And of course, never worrying about a puncture is bliss.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool   Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 9:08 am

My no pinch tire tool showed up the other day and I used it to put tires on my kx yesterday.

I like it, its near impossible to pinch the tube now which is about the only thing I had to worry about before while changing tires so changing tires is now a stress free experience. thumb

I bought the kit with every size sleeve they have as I change tires for my friends too.
Back to top Go down
Leo167

PostSubject: Re: Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool   Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Wouldn't mind having this in the garage also seems small enough to be a mobile set up
Back to top Go down
BenWRR

PostSubject: Re: Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool   Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 2:12 pm

I have had a Baja No Pinch tool, ever since I was turned onto them by someone on, maybe, Thumpertalk and it, along with a valve stem fishing tool, have been a couple of the best tools I have ever bought as it was always a nightmare/excercise in frustration in dealing with getting the valve stem through the rim hole.

Ever since getting the Baja No Pinch tire tool, I have not damaged one single tube and I have changed at least a dozen, if not more, tires on both my 21/18" rims, but also on the kids TT-R 90 and 110 with the smaller axle rods. Pushing the beads up and over the rims is a joy as compared to using the tire irons/tube pinchers I used to use.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool   Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool - Page 2 EmptySun May 14, 2023 10:28 am

BenWRR wrote:
Pushing the beads up and over the rims is a joy as compared to using the tire irons/tube pinchers I used to use.  

I'm a pretty tame rider these days being on the wrong side of 70.  I don't get many flats anymore with most of my riding being dry dirt forest service roads or the slab.  But anything that might make life easier certainly catches my attention.

What I wonder about with this tool is where I'd stash it on the bike.  My axle nut/tire spoons fit in the fender bag with my other bits and pieces and the spare tube; wondering where I would stash this kit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool   Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Baja Design No Pinch Tire Tool
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2