Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Going to Baja !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Going to Baja ! Empty
PostSubject: Going to Baja !   Going to Baja ! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Just booked a 4 day deal with ChrisHaines.com for February. beavis

Opted for the CRF450X. Figured you can't be too light or have too much power in the desert sand. This is gonna be fun !!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Going to Baja ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Baja !   Going to Baja ! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:23 pm

My friends just came back from that ride. I had previous commitments and couldn't go.

Sounds like a blast. I never did any serious adventure riding there and want to go !

Have a great time.. Looking forward to the RR.

P.S. Start looking for an "450X" for you now. You'll want one when you get home. :)
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Going to Baja ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Baja !   Going to Baja ! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:48 pm

X-Racer wrote:
P.S. Start looking for an "450X" for you now. You'll want one when you get home. :)

That's what I'm afraid of...... Very happy
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Going to Baja ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Baja !   Going to Baja ! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Survived the adventure ! 530 miles over 3 days. Totally beat. Only one minor slow speed get off. Only damage is a few blisters and some chaffing in some delicate areas. I have a whole new respect for Baja / Dakar guys. Deep sand is hard. Real hard. We rode a lot of different desert terrain.... some relatively easy, some hard as hell like the endless miles of trashed out sand whoops. They will make you hurt.

Video to come in a few days......
Back to top Go down
skierd

Going to Baja ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Baja !   Going to Baja ! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 pm

wings welcome back!
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Going to Baja ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Baja !   Going to Baja ! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:26 am

Single track video for now, faster stuff to come....

Untitled from C P on Vimeo.

Back to top Go down
duanew

Going to Baja ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Baja !   Going to Baja ! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Where is that camera mounted. It seems a little low and mostly looking at the triple tree.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Going to Baja ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Baja !   Going to Baja ! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:26 pm

duanew wrote:
Where is that camera mounted. It seems a little low and mostly looking at the triple tree.

Chest mount GoPro. No screen so placement was a bit of a crap shoot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Going to Baja ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Baja !   Going to Baja ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Going to Baja !
Page 1 of 1