Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share

Go down 
+12
ajsalida
f3joel
HiQ
michiko
GoodShipT
masterbasch
Bi0H4z4rD
dogshmog
x3n05
alexWR
unruly
speersie
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
x3n05

PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share Empty
PostSubject: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 5:07 am

A couple of weeks ago I did a bunch of performance mods to my bike as follows:

FMF Q4 Muffler
FMF Megabomb Header
Removed AIS/Flapper/Servo, installed exup eliminator
No-Toil hi flow air filter
Ultimate Airbox mod variation (removed bottom half of snorkle)
PCV Fuel+Ignition

After installing all this I found TKO was willing to share a map from his thread here: https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t9390-sharing-my-new-pc3-map

Thanks again TKO, I found that map to be a great starting point as you have a very similar setup to mine.

Today I went along to my pre-booked dyno tuning appointment, and am very happy with the end result.  Usually people have said not to bother with the ignition module but the tuner (mechanic?) found that the WR LOVED a little ignition tuning, and well the results speak for themselves.

Sorry for the crappy pic (red is using TKO's map, blue the after result):

PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share Img_2011

The bike feels even better than before, no hesitation and revs really well.  Time will tell but for now, I am loving it :)
DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited by x3n05 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:11 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:22 am

x3n05 wrote:

I am more than happy to share my fuel map if anyone wants to try it out.  The bike feels even better than before, no hesitation and revs really well.  Time will tell but for now, I am loving it :)

Hi x3n05 good to see another Aussie on here.  I have just received my PCV with fuel and ignition and am very keen to see what you have found (hoping that extra few buck is worth a little more gain). Thankfully the mrs hasn't got hold of it an tried to put it under the Christmas tree. So I am fitting it this week. I'm yet to get an exhaust for it but am keen on the Q4 so when my old bike goes its a done deal.

AlexWR might be interested too he just added his auto tune but his map has no ignition settings which I am keen to see if it make a difference. I am keen to see if there is any more to be gained with ignition changes. I'm also keen to get my bike dyno tuned once I've done the mods I want.

Do you know what gains you got over stock? The gains off TKO's map look good although I'm new to this bike and no expert.

Not sure if you can PM the map if not shoot me an email speersie@gmail.com

Thanks speersie

Last edited by speersie on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
x3n05

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:15 pm

speersie wrote:

Hi x3n05 good to see another Aussie on here.  I have just received my PCV with fuel and ignition and am very keen to see what you have found (hoping that extra few buck is worth a little more gain). Thankfully the mrs hasn't got hold of it an tried to put it under the Christmas tree. So I am fitting it this week. I'm yet to get an exhaust for it but am keen on the Q4 so when my old bike goes its a done deal.

Haha, it took a bit of explaining to mine as to why I need a new fuel tank, exhaust system, programmer, sprocket, chain etc.  This is coming from recently getting the front and rear suspension rebuilt (new springs, gold valves etc), tyres, HDB guards, B&B radiator guard, bash plate, master cylinder guard, power wiring (PDM60) and many other mods and the bike isn't even a year old yet.  It helped in my case as she comes riding with me regularly (on her XT250).  But I think if I ask to get a bore kit or steering damper any time soon she will have my head  Very happy

Quote :

AlexWR might be interested too he just added his auto tune but his map has no ignition settings which I am keen to see if it make a difference. I am keen to see if there is any more to be gained with ignition changes. I'm also keen to get my bike dyno tuned once I've done the mods I want.

We spend about 3 hours doing the fuel mapping and then did the ignition.  The ignition only took about 20 minutes and it was just basically fiddling with the numbers in the last few columns.  The guy was really impressed with the difference it made.  To me it just feels much better overall but I don't have a feel for pre/post ignition only.

Quote :

Do you know what gains you got over stock? The gains off TKO's map look good although I'm new to this bike and no expert.

No idea unfortunately, but I believe stock is around 24-25hp (which if that's right), I am looking at a 9hp gain overall, for this bike, nothing to be sneezed at.

Quote :

Not sure if you can PM the map if not shoot me an email speersie@gmail.com

Thanks speersie

Emailed to you, let me know how you go with it.  Obviously getting your bike dyno'd is the way to go but it will be good to see what kind of difference it makes.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:36 pm

x3n05 wrote:

Emailed to you, let me know how you go with it.  Obviously getting your bike dyno'd is the way to go but it will be good to see what kind of difference it makes.

Thanks mate. Very much appreciated. I won't try it out till I get the exhaust but I am glad to see some numbers coming up in the ignition table. The PC maps off their website are really just fuel only even for the fuel and ignition programmer.

Now I'll have to move this other bike and see what I can get before the wife has other plans for the cash. She is good but I doubt she'd be keen on it all at once. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when you were convincing yours on the new purchases.

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
unruly

unruly

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 3:48 am

x3n05-

I just invested in a PCV with Ignition, along with the FMF Q4 and Power Bomb exhaust.  I will also be making the HighFive Ultimate Airbox Mod.

I'd really like to try your map and see if it works upside down usa wink  

Your power curve looks great!
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 5:46 am

This is great news, could i please get a copy of the map also? zeidler@gmail.com

I was unable to get the bike out this weekend to install my autotune and probably won't for a week or so.
Back to top Go down
x3n05

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:03 am

Map sent guys, let me know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
dogshmog

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:34 pm

I'm using this map right now, with great results. I am running a Leo Vince X3 system, so a slightly different dyno result could probably be expected. It smells like it runs a little rich, which isn't a bad thing. It's got lots of power, and no flat spots in the power band. The WR certainly does like timing adjustment. I added 1˚ of timing advance to ≥20% throttle and ≥2000rpm to your existing map, where it was all Zero's before, and I left the existing timing adjustments intact. This small tweak has really helped throttle response on the low end, and offers a lot more lugging grunt. In fact, it will now easily wheelie in 1st @ low RPM with a healthy twist, or with very low throttle and a little clutch pop at around 3000rpm. The PC5 w/Ignition is $ on the WR250R.

I'll be adding an autotune shortly, to keep my AFR at 13.8 for cruise, and 13.1 80-100% throttle. I'm assuming it will only make this map better for my specific mods.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 2:54 am

dogshmog wrote:

I'll be adding an autotune shortly, to keep my AFR at 13.8 for cruise, and 13.1 80-100% throttle. I'm assuming it will only make this map better for my specific mods.

Once you add the auto tune can you let us know what you find. I'm keen to have a look at what the timing can do but am still waiting till I get my exhaust and put it on. The PCV with fuel and ignition  is a great first step and well worth the few extra dollars. I'm glad I went with it over the basic fuel only controllers.
Back to top Go down
dogshmog

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 12:49 am

speersie wrote:
dogshmog wrote:

Once you add the auto tune can you let us know what you find. I'm keen to have a look at what the timing can do but am still waiting till I get my exhaust and put it on. The PCV with fuel and ignition  is a great first step and well worth the few extra dollars. I'm glad I went with it over the basic fuel only controllers.

I've set some basic settings on the Autotune, with 13.1:1 AFR @ 100% to 13.9 @ 20%. I rode about 50 miles of road and goofing around in town today, and the ride back on the country road, it was noticeably smoother. The bike is much more fun to ride at higher speeds (60+) after the pipe & PCV, as it actually has usable power in 6th. This will have been the third autotune session, and the longest by far. It is still making plenty of adjustments in the trim tables, but they're smaller each time I check it. I plan on fine tuning the "cruise range" a bit, but so far it is running great and smelling less and less rich, even though it's set to be nice and rich for safe power up top. Throttle response is GREAT, and mid range is really beefed up. So far... I highly recommend the PCV & AT combo.
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 12:23 am

I finally got round to removing the flapper and putting this tune on.

feels really smooth. definitely a lot more punchy. I will install my autotune and see if it makes any corrections.

thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Bi0H4z4rD

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:55 pm

I uploaded the map today to my WR250X with following setup:

-Leovince X3
-Airbox mod + vacuum removed
-AIS removed

I am riding my motorbike in Amsterdam, so pretty much sea level.

I had the Leovince dynojet map before this one, and i can tell there is a HUGE difference! Bike runs smoother now, has more kick, and is way more wheelie-friendly!

Thanks for sharing it x3n05!

Bonus: I did a drag race today with a Tesla Model S, from 0 to 55MPH, and the Tesla got just slightly ahead of me. I am running with stock transmission.

This map kicks ass!
Back to top Go down
GoodShipT

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 11:39 am

Is this map hosted anywhere for public download? If not, can one of you PM me a copy of this map?

I just installed FMF Q4, Megabomb, PCV w. Ignition + Autotune, removed the flapper, etc, and the Leo Vince map (006) that everyone recommends is giving me stutters at high rpm while cruising and overtaking. I'd love to try this map out.

Edit: Just realized you probably can't PM files... here's my addy for sending as an attachment: allen [dot] bevans [at] gmail [dot] com.

I can post a public link to the map once I get a copy, to continue sharing the love.
Back to top Go down
masterbasch

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 4:24 pm

I'd like to give this map a go as well
Back to top Go down
GoodShipT

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 4:07 pm

Update: Speersie shared a copy of the map with me, so as promised here's a link for future riders:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfkpl2eg83jto5o/x3n05s_map.pvm?dl=0

Let me know (PM or post) if you have any issues downloading the file.

Happy brappping!
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: any updates with the map   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:34 pm

im just about to purchase a programmer. is the pcv with the ignition option worth it over the standard pcv.

Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: any one care to share an updated version of the map   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:45 pm

has anyone got an updated version of the map. i see this was made some time ago.
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:45 pm

GoodShipT wrote:
Is this map hosted anywhere for public download? If not, can one of you PM me a copy of this map?

I just installed FMF Q4, Megabomb, PCV w. Ignition + Autotune, removed the flapper, etc, and the Leo Vince map (006) that everyone recommends is giving me stutters at high rpm while cruising and overtaking. I'd love to try this map out.

Edit: Just realized you probably can't PM files... here's my addy for sending as an attachment: allen [dot] bevans [at] gmail [dot] com.

I can post a public link to the map once I get a copy, to continue sharing the love.

How did you go with your autotune???

I installed mien with some setpoints between 13.4 and 13.8 and can't seem to get any better so thinking of going back to this map.
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:03 pm

alexWR wrote:
GoodShipT wrote:

I installed mien with some setpoints between 13.4 and 13.8 and can't seem to get any better so thinking of going back to this map.

sorry man for possibly reading too much into your post. but you sound that you were not satisfied with the original posted map. and then tried to improve it but you were not able to do so. My question is what did you feel needed improving on the map.
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 5:54 pm

michiko wrote:
alexWR wrote:
GoodShipT wrote:

sorry man for possibly reading too much into your post. but you sound that you were not satisfied with the original posted map. and then tried to improve it but you were not able to do so. My question is what did you feel needed improving on the map.

Not really, this map runs quite well. It was only because I had already purchased an autotune that I wanted to do some further work, but I think I may have gone slightly backwards at some RPM ranges thats all.
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 8:47 am

thank you soooo much for this map and info. i got a new bike now completely astounded, it sounds and feels like real dirtbike.
Back to top Go down
x3n05

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Glad it worked out for you :). 8 months on and it's still running great for me, love my wr :)
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 10:29 am

Can someone post a screen shot of the ignition map.
I've never messed my ignition map, but don't want to load this since I have the 290 kit.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 4:39 pm

f3joel wrote:
Can someone post a screen shot of the ignition map.
I've never messed my ignition map, but don't want to load this since I have the 290 kit.

PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share Igniti10
Back to top Go down
HiQ

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 11:00 pm

So I'm rocking a stock 2010 WR250X with AIS block off, the airbox flapper servo stuff all removed with the flapper stuck down. I'm currently running the 001 map off DynoJet's website. Any clue if I can just put the ignition map off this one into the 001 map? Would that cause any issues? You shouldn't really have to add any more fuel to go with the timing advance, right? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share   PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share Empty

Back to top Go down

PCV Fuel + Ignition fuel map to share
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next