Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tools

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bfgjohno

Tools Empty
PostSubject: Tools   Tools EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi
I'm off with mates on a week's trip in east Africa on WR250Rs in March. The only problem is the tools. The bikes are over there and the OE tools are with them. Want to take a set of proper tools from here (UK) just in case but can't remember the sizes needed.

I've read the thread athttps://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t8521-what-tools-for-a-multi-day-solo-ride?highlight=tools but want to only take the appropriate sizes for the WRR rather than a full set of sockets etc

I think it's:
22mm (for rear axle)
19mm (for front axle)
10mm (for front axle pinch bolts)
14mm
17mm
Spoke key
Allan Key - can't remember the size
Philips screw driver
Flat screw driver
Spark plug spanner
Pliers

Is that right? Anything wrong?

remind me what fuses are on the bike please!

There's five WRRs and I usually take all the other bits like zip ties, gaffer tape, tyre valves, wire, connectors, puncture repair kit, tyre levers, tyre pump, spare tubes, spare fuel pump, spare levers, wheel bearings, clutch plates, nuts and bolts, cable repair kit to cover most eventualities in the bush. With a long tow rope if all goes a bit wrong (and a sat phone!)

All the best
John
Back to top Go down
hjorth73

Tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools   Tools EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Rearaxle is 27mm :-)
Back to top Go down
bfgjohno

Tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools   Tools EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Shog
27mm rear and 22mm front
Shog
Back to top Go down
wristpin

Tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools   Tools EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:26 pm

I think you will want a 12mm to go with that 10mm for chain adjustments.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

Tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools   Tools EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 12:44 am

bfgjohno wrote:
Shog
27mm rear and 22mm front
Shog

Spot on. You can get them on the end of your tyre levers to keep weight down, have a tool that does the wheel nut and lever. Motion pro and DRC both make them. Don't forget the Philips head under the tank are a number 3 Phillips head. Number 2 will get them off but can slip and make a fair mess of them.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools   Tools EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 8:29 am

I changed the philips head screws under the seat that hold the plastic on the tank and the seat bolts to allen head bolts, they are all the same size threads, I can take my gas tank off with one allen wrench now. Very happy

If theres 5 wrrs going I'd take a lot of tools and devide them up on the bikes, its not like your own your own and have to carry everything yourself. We do this on group rides, one guy carrys tire tools another a tube, another the zip ties n stuff etc, this lightens the load for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools   Tools Empty

Back to top Go down

Tools
Page 1 of 1