Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Right side front shroud

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
beefcakemorris

beefcakemorris

Right side front shroud  Empty
PostSubject: Right side front shroud    Right side front shroud  EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:41 pm

Hey guys my right side front shroud has separated from the black plastic that comes out from the right side of the gas tank.

I have looked for some clips, but they must have broken after my recent fall. What would you recommend to use to glue/stick it back together again. I was thinking about using some clear silicone.

Thank you,
Nick
Back to top Go down
doc_simple

doc_simple

PostSubject: Re: Right side front shroud    Right side front shroud  EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 12:36 am

beefcakemorris wrote:
Hey guys my right side front shroud has separated from the black plastic that comes out from the right side of the gas tank.

I have looked for some clips, but they must have broken after my recent fall. What would you recommend to use to glue/stick it back together again. I was thinking about using some clear silicone.

Thank you,
Nick

If Im thinking of the right part it's connected to the shroud and slides under a lip on the tank.
Back to top Go down
maprog86

maprog86

PostSubject: Re: Right side front shroud    Right side front shroud  EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 9:13 am

I just used some black rtv silicone.  I haven't hit it since but it's held up at highway speed so far.
Back to top Go down
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

PostSubject: Re: Right side front shroud    Right side front shroud  EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 4:00 pm

On mine the two parts were heat staked together. I use hot melt glue and RTV. So far so good...
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: Right side front shroud    Right side front shroud  EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 1:49 pm

beefcakemorris wrote:

Thank you,
Nick

I drilled a few holes and stitched them back together with zip ties. I use mine as a plated dirt bike and it's withstood a few impacts since.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right side front shroud    Right side front shroud  Empty

Back to top Go down

Right side front shroud
Page 1 of 1