Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
coresports

video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 Empty
PostSubject: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:06 pm

both bikes are 08 wrr's equal rider skill level, video is grainy on purpose & we are both WFO

bike on the left mod's: pipe, programmer, ais, airbox, edge, dunlops

vs

bike on the right: 100% stock + dunlops

i really don't have an opinion on stock vs mod, when i was younger i liked to tinker with my bikes, now more
just like to ride, either way these bikes are a riot!!

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Looks like the modded one had a head start and the stock managed to keep up with it?
Back to top Go down
pantera1

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 6:21 am

Looks like the piped bike pulled the stock bike pretty good on the straight.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:14 am

I would say Top End goes to mods, Which is where all the extra go is supposed to be. Thx for the video...
Back to top Go down
coresports

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:51 am

shep546 wrote:
Looks like the modded one had a head start and the stock managed to keep up with it?

pretty much that was it, i was surprised i kept us as well as i did. i have 2 more vids from the same day i will get posted up before turkey day.
we had a blast!!

Back to top Go down
coresports

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:54 am

pantera1 wrote:
Looks like the piped bike pulled the stock bike pretty good on the straight.

agreed. it was closer than i thought i would be tho. i have 2 more vids i will get up before thanksgiving from the same day
Back to top Go down
coresports

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:57 am

IAmABug wrote:
I would say Top End goes to mods, Which is where all the extra go is supposed to be. Thx for the video...

no problem, i have 2 more i will get up before turkey day but yea, the further we went the farther behind i would get, once we got them wound up to where they like to spin, the modded bikes improved breathing/more fuel would start pulling away from me.

Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:19 pm

What about rider weight? and what are the programmer settings for the bike on the left?
My bike is pretty modified and makes a lot more power than did, but I am pretty sure a 150lb rider would walk away from me on a stock bike lol. On such a light bike, rider weight makes up a huge part of the power to weight ratio formula.

For example, if you figure a 200lb rider on a modified bike with lets say 28hp, a 150lb rider could keep with 25 until air resistance becomes a bigger factor than inertia. At my weight, the 150lb rider could probably stick a rag in the intake, and the wind resistance effect will be lessened because of my height and broad shoulders unless I get into a full tuck, but I'm pretty sure the other guy could tuck more than me too lol.
Back to top Go down
coresports

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:38 pm

oic0 wrote:
What about rider weight? and what are the programmer settings for the bike on the left?
My bike is pretty modified and makes a lot more power than did, but I am pretty sure a 150lb rider would walk away from me on a stock bike lol. On such a light bike, rider weight makes up a huge part of the power to weight ratio formula.

For example, if you figure a 200lb rider on a modified bike with lets say 28hp, a 150lb rider could keep with 25 until air resistance becomes a bigger factor than inertia. At my weight, the 150lb rider could probably stick a rag in the intake, and the wind resistance effect will be lessened because of my height and broad shoulders unless I get into a full tuck, but I'm pretty sure the other guy could tuck more than me too lol.

almost identical as it's my son :-) and he may be even a tad lighter. i agree there are still variables to consider and we didn't plan this,
he just modded his bike like i would have when i was young and i am just riding around on my 'stocker' as i am older now, lol.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 6:14 pm

If his programmer is an FMF, tell him to make sure he set the 3rd number to either 1 or 0.5 ;) If they are still that close after that, then ima go buy a stock pipe lol (Im tired of being loud). :P
Back to top Go down
coresports

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 am

oic0 wrote:
If his programmer is an FMF, tell him to make sure he set the 3rd number to either 1 or 0.5 ;) If they are still that close after that, then ima go buy a stock pipe lol (Im tired of being loud). :P

thanks, i am pretty sure it is an fmf and i will let him know, he hasn't really had time to tweak it. basically, i can kinda keep up for a bit but the longer the run, the farther behind i get :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 am

Does not really suprise me. In my opinion, my well mod'd WRR shines over stock in only one area and that is low end, not top end... I can ride single track routes that require torque that I simply did not have when stock. Love my WRR!
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:20 am

Mine lives on the street and when I got it it already had exhaust, programmer, and air box flap done (Dealer had trouble moving it so they modded it). However when I drilled holes in the side cover, got the air filter with no metal screen, and got the tuner just right, it developed a habbit of floating the front tire in odd situations and would scare the crap out of me when it touched back down until I readjusted to the idea that I can't just run it wide open care free all the time anymore lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1   video evidence  stock vs mod  side-by-side run#1 Empty

Back to top Go down

video evidence stock vs mod side-by-side run#1
Page 1 of 1