Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ed29

ed29

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX Empty
PostSubject: Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX   Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:57 am

My good friend Hardy let me know that a small sidecar gathering was happening yesterday in Cushing TX.

I got an early start, just before 5:00AM. My first goal for the day was to make my first gas stop off of I-45 in good time to meet up with Hardy. Mission accomplished slabbing the WR down I-45. Linked up with Hardy and Walter and we headed to Moosehead Cafe in Crockett. As we pulled in I saw that I had covered 200 miles before breakfast. Good start for a day of touring on a WR250R. I have no idea why I did not pull the camera out and shoot some shots in Crockett. Just plain fergot!

As we rolled into Cushing we were among the early arrivals. We parked the bikes and the two hacks in the lot across from the 7th Street Restaurant. A couple of rigs were already in front of the place.

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0609

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0614

Here is J.R.'s BMW with a 2+2 sidecar.

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0611

Massive!

More folks trickled in on cool bikes and cool rigs.

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0616

Scooters anyone??? Any scooter riders looking??

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0617

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0618

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0619

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0620

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0632

This little mop was 'guarding' one of the rigs. The price of admission to see it up close was a kind word and a scratch behind the ears.

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0621

After a wonderful lunch and some good conversation talk turned to the afternoon ride. Maps came out, and plans were made.

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0635

And more visiting before saddling up.

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0637

Lets ride!

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0646

I split off from the group at Rusk and went my own way. Of course I had to find some dirt!

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0647

And some water.

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0649

and some veggies still growing.

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0651

Home stretch of a good day's ride.

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0658-1

My trip stats for the day.

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX IMG_0659-1

What a good way to spend a Saturday!
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Re: Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX   Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:43 am

Nice cargo carrier and windscreen,
make the WR2 a bit more road worthy? Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX 805204

How'd it go keeping up with the bigger bikes?
How'd it go with the fuel range?
Back to top Go down
ed29

ed29

PostSubject: Re: Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX   Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:05 am

Thanks! The rack is a custom job detailed in the mods area. Tom will build another for anyone that wants one.

I picked up the windscreen from another member here. It does a great job taking the wind off of my chest, reducing fatigue on the long street stretches. It is almost too good, could be a bit smaller for summer duty. Should rock in winter!

My gas mileage varied from a low of 47.5 mpg on the freeway run, to high 50s for the rest of the trip. I cut the first gas stop close, 152 miles on 3.2 gallons left around 14-15 miles of gas if I got every drop.

Keeping with the big bikes was not a problem. Of course David on the KTM 950 could have blasted away from the group, or Al on his ZRX, but the day was just a casual ride. Side cars don't turn as well as bikes, so we kept the pace modest as a group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX   Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX Empty

Back to top Go down

Side cars and side roads, Cushing TX
Page 1 of 1