Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

mods after break in?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve74

Steve74

mods after break in?  Empty
PostSubject: mods after break in?    mods after break in?  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Just wondering did everyone wait till after the break in period to change out the exhaust and add a programmer. Just got my bike last week have a 150 kms on it so far but the complete fmf package showed up today. Would like to put it on but should probably wait till after its broke in any thought on this? Thanks Steve
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: mods after break in?    mods after break in?  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:47 pm

I did all the popular mods, air box mod, AIS removal, etc around 300 miles and my FMF muffler and fuel controller around 600.

IMHO, if you tune it right, not to lean, or too rich you should have no trouble. the engines are strong little beasts.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: mods after break in?    mods after break in?  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:48 pm

I would wait just so you get used to the stock bike and then you'll see more of a difference when the mods go on.

I waited, but that's because I bought my bike used, so the break-in period was already done.
Back to top Go down
Steve74

Steve74

PostSubject: mods after break in   mods after break in?  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Yea will wait the weather is still a little chilly here so hard to get the miles on. But really excited to open it up and gear it down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mods after break in?    mods after break in?  Empty

Back to top Go down

mods after break in?
Page 1 of 1