Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New wrr in upstate ny

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dicklane625

dicklane625

New wrr in upstate ny Empty
PostSubject: New wrr in upstate ny   New wrr in upstate ny EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:15 am

Just picked up a new wrr Friday. After work yesterday I rode 240 miles probably like 10-20 miles of trails n mostly dirt roads. I think I have 350 on it now and I'm gonna change the oil n filter before I go out again. I'm thinkin a new seat is the next thing I'm gonna do... Maybe a corbin... gotta do some research. But the longer I talk bout it the longer I have to wait to get back on it.... My nuts n ass are killin me but I'm still alll beavis
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: New wrr in upstate ny   New wrr in upstate ny EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:35 am

Welcome noob (1st post). I start to get uncomfortable after about 10mi or 20 min. The seats are very stiff for me. Check out the seats @ http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/category/wr250-rx-specials/63
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: New wrr in upstate ny   New wrr in upstate ny EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks I'll have to do that. I feel kinda childish being this excited over a 250 but I have a ktm 625 that needs work and I'm really not sure about the engine so I can take my time with that project and do it right while I gain experience riding on the road... I don't wanna count on people seeing me but it seems like this kinda bike stands out more? People on sidewalks stare more without a doubt n I notice a lot of people ion cars looking... Gonna still assume they aren't gonna see me tho... I had one guy pull up to the road n I down shifted n feathered the brake down to 40 n he pulled right out... If I had kept goin like 60 I woulda hit him but he had plenty of time with me goin 40 it's probably safe to say he didn't see me...
Back to top Go down
dogfarm

PostSubject: Re: New wrr in upstate ny   New wrr in upstate ny EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Congrats on the bike. I have a seat concepts seat for a couple of years and it works well. http://www.seatconcepts.com/products#!/Yamaha-WR250R-X-LOW/p/23562930/category=1671359. I am in Rochester if you want to see it in person.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: New wrr in upstate ny   New wrr in upstate ny EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:03 pm

I use the seat concept, cover and foam, works pretty well, I notice in the mountains on steep grades up and down, you do slide some, more so over the stock seat, but it is more comfortable over all, and a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New wrr in upstate ny   New wrr in upstate ny Empty

Back to top Go down

New wrr in upstate ny
Page 1 of 1