Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

electrical issue wr250f

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wrlca460

electrical issue wr250f  Empty
PostSubject: electrical issue wr250f    electrical issue wr250f  EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi guys, i recently purchaced an 08 wr250f and i was told by the previous owner that he replaced the starter and relgulator rectifier after they blew which also blew the digital speedo, the speedo wasnt replaced.

My issue is that the i currently have no power to the headlight, indicators or horn but the bike still starts and runs fine, has anyone else had a similar issue or can point me in the right direction?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

electrical issue wr250f  Empty
PostSubject: Re: electrical issue wr250f    electrical issue wr250f  EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:12 am

Well first you may want to try another Forum since this one is about the WR250R and not the WR250F.

However, while the electrical systems may not be the same the basic investigation/trouble shooting would be.

I would start by checking all of the fuses first... chances are when the stator went out it may have blown a couple of fuses. If that is not it I would look at the electrical connectors.... after that start check continuity on the circuits.

From there you are on your own since I have no idea where the fuses are on the WR250F.
Back to top Go down

electrical issue wr250f
Page 1 of 1