Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Electrical issue - Bike is dead

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

Electrical issue - Bike is dead Empty
PostSubject: Electrical issue - Bike is dead   Electrical issue - Bike is dead EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 10:30 am

I was trying to trouble shoot why my new DRC LED Front Left blinker would not work. I took the quick disconnect off and was trying to hit the pins inside with my multi-meter.
I must of hit something I shouldn't have and heard a POP. Now I have zero power when I turn the key to on. Pop sound came from near the battery. I figured it was the 30A Main fuse that is back there. I checked the fuse. Visual inspection and hitting with the multi-meter tells me its good. I did try the Spare 30A fuse that is there but still nothing.

I shouldn't be poking around with the electrical on my bike I guess but now I have no idea what to do, or check? Any help would be invaluable.

Please help...
Back to top Go down
KiLLeRrKeN

PostSubject: Re: Electrical issue - Bike is dead   Electrical issue - Bike is dead EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:06 am

did you check all the fuses or just the one? Check them for continuity
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: Electrical issue - Bike is dead   Electrical issue - Bike is dead EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 1:25 pm

Thanks Killer.

Checking all the fuses was the key. Turned out the signal fuse 15A was blown. Replaced and now I have power.

I am now back to trouble shooting the blinker. I believe the blinker itself is bad. I held the blinker wires to the battery and the blinker didn't light. I held the black wire to neg and then touched the red wire on there blinker to the positive post. Nothing. Shouldn't the led flasher have lit up doing this?

Also, why would blowing a fuse for the signals leave me dead in the water electrically? I would like to think that if I blew a signal fuse out in the woods, that I could still ride out, without blinkers...

Back to top Go down
KiLLeRrKeN

PostSubject: Re: Electrical issue - Bike is dead   Electrical issue - Bike is dead EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:38 pm

not sure on why that would happen, Your LED might be had as you say, What you can do is test the wires that go to the relay and see if it has power there and at the end of the circuit. Of course you should have your blinkers on as well.
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: Electrical issue - Bike is dead   Electrical issue - Bike is dead EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 4:16 pm

I took the Right Front flasher out of its quick disconnect and plugged it into the Left Front connector and it worked fine.

I think I am safe to assume that form the Left front disconnect to where ever it goes on the bike is good to go?

Which would only leave me to assume the flasher itself is bad...

Friggin hate electrical shIt....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electrical issue - Bike is dead   Electrical issue - Bike is dead Empty

Back to top Go down

Electrical issue - Bike is dead
Page 1 of 1