Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LucaGP

08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall Empty
PostSubject: 08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall   08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall EmptySun May 31, 2015 10:58 pm

So I laid her down in the dirt, went to get back on but she wouldn't start. When I turn the key I hear the fuel injection kick in, but nothing lights up on the dash and she makes no sound whatsoever when I try to start her.

3 of the blinkers and break lights still turn on, I searched and found one torn wire and jury-rigged it but all that did was fix the one broken blinker. I'm guessing maybe one of the fuses got joggled loose? I plan to take the pastic off and take a look with daylight tomorrow, just curious as to whether anyone here has any other suggestions.

I appreciate y'all's time
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: 08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall   08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 6:33 am

Lean angle sensor is a guess.
Back to top Go down
LucaGP

PostSubject: Re: 08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall   08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 2:24 pm

So it wound up being the indicator fuse???

I pulled out all the fuses, and the indicator fuse was broken, $1 later at autozone and she's running again. Seems like poor engineering that a busted non essential fuse will keep the bike from turning on... easy fix though so I guess I'll be riding with a pack of fuses from now on.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: 08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall   08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

I'm kind of confused after reading both of your posts.  Checking fuses is the logical place to start troubleshooting electrical problems and the bike has 3 spare fuses on-board.  Seems like you could have easily fixed this in the field right after it happened?

08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall Wr250r11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall   08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall Empty

Back to top Go down

08' electrical issue (wont start) after fall
Page 1 of 1