Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How much HP in american wrr and european wrr

Go down 
+4
awen
motokid
WRRSam
canitokintax
8 posters
AuthorMessage
canitokintax

How much HP in american wrr and european wrr Empty
PostSubject: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 4:42 am

Hi!
I have seen that your american wrr/x have about 27hp,but it´s in catalogue or in dyno testing.
My european wrr in catalogue have 30,7 HP.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 5:11 am

In Trailzone Mag they said their international WRR (like your one) produces 24.8hp with a slight air box opening and 27.3 with the GYTR pipe which is still less then what you said. It would make sense that the American WRR (sorry guys) would produce less power as they don't have the oxygen sensor for perfect air/fuel ratio. You also must rember that the dyno's will vary between brands, models and air temp ect, ect
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:23 am

canitokintax wrote:
Hi!
I have seen that your american wrr/x have about 27hp,but it´s in catalogue or in dyno testing.

We, or you need to be more specific.

What kind of dyno? Rear wheel? Countershaft? Crankshaft? Where the tire meets the dyno drum?
Atmospheric conditions? Elevation? Manufacturer of Dyno?

Also, I believe I've heard that the actual definition of HP might be slightly different depending on where you live. (might need to look that up)

Depending on what the exhaust restrictions are in which country I don't doubt there could be a one or two HP difference between 100% stock motorcycles.

I have trouble believing it could be almost 4 HP.
But I could easily see a 4 HP difference if other variables are not kept constant.

If I simply replace my stock exhaust system with much less restrictive after-market brand I don;t think I'll see almost 4 HP improvement without doing some other mods as well.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
awen

PostSubject: Re: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 5:21 pm

look at this http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8669796#post8669796 i have european wrx. And my friends is get a like same results like me and difference dynos.

and hp is measure rear wheel

euopean wrr/wrx bikes have oxygen sensor, lambda (same affair than oxygen sensor?) and difference cdi box...what dont have american bikes...so this could be make horsepower difference?
Back to top Go down
canitokintax

PostSubject: Re: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 7:09 pm

motokid wrote:
canitokintax wrote:
Hi!

We, or you need to be more specific.

What kind of dyno? Rear wheel? Countershaft? Crankshaft? Where the tire meets the dyno drum?
Atmospheric conditions? Elevation? Manufacturer of Dyno?

Also, I believe I've heard that the actual definition of HP might be slightly different depending on where you live. (might need to look that up)

Depending on what the exhaust restrictions are in which country I don't doubt there could be a one or two HP difference between 100% stock motorcycles.

I have trouble believing it could be almost 4 HP.
But I could easily see a 4 HP difference if other variables are not kept constant.

If I simply replace my stock exhaust system with much less restrictive after-market brand I don;t think I'll see almost 4 HP improvement without doing some other mods as well.

I don´t know dyno test conditions,but in spanish wrr catalogue appears 30´7 cv(1cv is about 1 hp)
Perhaps O2 sensor make difference adjusting air/fuel ratio How much HP in american wrr and european wrr 29721
In dyno testing made in a motorbike magazine of one stock wrr,it had 27,2 hp.
Back to top Go down
jacque372

jacque372

PostSubject: Re: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:34 pm

my wr250r posted 24.46hp at the rear wheel
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 7:46 am

awen wrote:
look at this http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8669796#post8669796 i have european wrx. And my friends is get a like same results like me and difference dynos.

and hp is measure rear wheel

euopean wrr/wrx bikes have oxygen sensor, lambda (same affair than oxygen sensor?) and difference cdi box...what dont have american bikes...so this could be make horsepower difference?

This matches dyno runs of current WR250X model done by German Motorrad mag recently. They had 32HP. Please note this is NOT rear wheel performance but crankshaft perfornance! By calculating crankshaft performance from rear wheel measurement at some dyno drum one can reduce certain displacement as to type of tires, chain condition etc., so this makes sense and will deliver better accuracy than just taking rear wheel performance. I recently found some very informative article on dyno measurements. All in all, if measurements are taken correctly, there is not very much of result bandwidth. Results are reliable. However, it is possible to cheat for instance by shifting weight backwards when doing the off measurement (letting the drum drive the rear wheel to get information about performance loss through drive train). One might easily get lots of HP out of it by numbers, which is completely useless but will put a happy smile on the owners face and will shift money to the engine tuner.
Back to top Go down
awen

PostSubject: Re: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:05 am

mhmm i dont know but here finland they are too get ~28hp rear wheel husqvarna sms 125cc bike. How much HP in american wrr and european wrr Icon_rolleyes So i dont belive wr250x have less horse power than husqvarna sms 125cc bike... Maybe we have only here finland world "best" bikes How much HP in american wrr and european wrr 810411

28hp rear wheel to husqvarna sms 125cc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72q4rgD_LWU
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:02 am

That Husqvarna is a two-stroke.

A 125 two-stroke is probably equal in HP to a 250 four-stroke.

Listening to that thing wind out is orgasmic.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:51 am

motokid wrote:
Listening to that thing wind out is orgasmic.
But nothing like they used to sound in the early years before they decided to pay at least some attention to noise - and where the technology wasn't as advanced to begin with.
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

PostSubject: Re: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:53 pm

I have found nowhere that Yamaha states HP for USA models in advertisements. The "Statement of Origin" that Yamaha provided with my 2008 states 29.5 HP per SAE method -ie measured at the crankshaft, which doesn't account for real world losses through the transmission, drive chain, and tire. If you check out the wikipedia entry for Horsepower, you will see that different countries have different standards of calculating HP - therefore a direct comparison cannot be made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much HP in american wrr and european wrr   How much HP in american wrr and european wrr Empty

Back to top Go down

How much HP in american wrr and european wrr
Page 1 of 1