Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Parking Lots - Beware

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Parking Lots - Beware Empty
PostSubject: Parking Lots - Beware   Parking Lots - Beware EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:44 am

Great day today..... GAHHHH

Work parking lot...

Parking Lots - Beware 07211510

Thank god for barkbusters, brush guards, and  motards.

A few scratches on barkbuster and brush guard, basically that's all. Lady left a note. She feels real bad. Offered to pay for anything that's wrong.

Lets be careful out there folks.... dddog

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Parking Lots - Beware   Parking Lots - Beware EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:44 pm

sorry site to walk into... kind of supports the idea of having a bike only area in a small portion of the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Parking Lots - Beware   Parking Lots - Beware EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Been in that situation, myself, and I'm sorry to see it.
At least she was honest about it and is offering to do the right thing.
I know d-bags that would just leave while having a chuckle at somebody else's crummy luck.
Back to top Go down
Corycy

PostSubject: Re: Parking Lots - Beware   Parking Lots - Beware EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Yeah that was good of her to own up to it. If it were just scratches, I wouldn't bother making her pay.

It's good you were in a proper parking spot, because I believe in TN if your not in a proper parking space (90% of riders here just park in striped areas) your insurance or the other persons insurance would not cover it.

Glad it wasn't worse.

Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Parking Lots - Beware   Parking Lots - Beware EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 8:55 am

Wow, that sucks. I've seen this ALMOST happen, while walking out of the store. Someone flying up the row thinks it's an empty spot because they don't see the bike, start to turn in and slam on their brakes when they realize it's occupied. Luckily I've never had it hit. I always try to park the bike far back to make it most visible to those driving by.

Personally, I would call the lady and thank her for leaving a note, but not worry about the scratches. They add character.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Parking Lots - Beware   Parking Lots - Beware EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:11 am

Bike is fine. Lady was super sorry. Offered to pay for anything and everything she might have done.
We work in the same building.

She was driving her son's car that day. Her car has rear view camera and warning beepers for objects. His doesn't.
She discovered she relied on those safety gadgets too much. Shog

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parking Lots - Beware   Parking Lots - Beware Empty

Back to top Go down

Parking Lots - Beware
Page 1 of 1