Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work

Go down 
+4
Ish416
motokid
YZEtc
TwoBuells
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work Empty
PostSubject: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:52 am

My bike was hit in the parking lot at work. A few days before I bought my 2012 WRR my employer had made a new rule. Harley Parking only in the Motorcycle parking area if front of the building. All other brands are banished to motorcycle parking in back. So I take up a car parking spot in front of the building to make a point. (We have limited parking) so much for making a point. The guy who hit my bike didn’t see it and feels real bad, I’ve known him for years and he is covering all the damage. Clutch lever and guess I will now get a better looking tail light bracket.

My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work IMG_20131003_175944_406_zps8bac5329
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:27 am

Curious about the Harley-only parking bit.
Some kind of joke, or is it serious?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:03 pm

TwoBuells wrote:
my employer had made a new rule. Harley Parking only in the Motorcycle parking area if front of the building. All other brands are banished to motorcycle parking in back.
What kind of a dick-head do you work for?????

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Ish416

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:58 pm

I would pour a quart of used oil under all the Hardley-Go-Davidson's. Just to prove a point.

Sorry to hear about your bike, it's nice that your co-worker is covering for his mistake.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:07 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Curious about the Harley-only parking bit.
Some kind of joke, or is it serious?
no joke, I work at the Harley factory in York, Pa.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:08 pm

motokid wrote:
TwoBuells wrote:
my employer had made a new rule. Harley Parking only in the Motorcycle parking area if front of the building. All other brands are banished to motorcycle parking in back.
What kind of a dick-head do you work for?????

Harley-Davidson
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 5:53 pm

So it's not just their customers that support that nonsense.
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:48 pm

I dropped my bike off of a hydraulic jack in the drive way, yeah I don't have a motorcycle stand yet... Well anyway my licence bracket did the same thing, i just tweaked it back with my hands, took a few tries, but it looks fine now, didn't bother replacing anything as it will probably just get bent again at some point.

That is also when I put hand guards, to protect the levers, on the top of my shopping list.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:19 pm

All fixed,

My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work Img_2010
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:53 am

Can you give me an idea of what it's like to ride a Yamaha to work at the Harley Davidson plant?
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:39 am

YZEtc wrote:
Can you give me an idea of what it's like to ride a Yamaha to work at the Harley Davidson plant?
Haha. Yeah, I would think your bike would get knocked over on a regular basis, or mysteriously go missing... Very happy 
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:48 am

Some laugh, hard core guys don't care. My last puke  Harley  was 1997, I've owned 8 Buells since then and still have two. The Buells are granfathered in and can park in HD Only parking. There are three car spots in front of the Plant, in front of the visitors entrance. I love when I get there early enough to park the WR there. poser2
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:05 am

Quote :
Haha. Yeah, I would think your bike would get knocked over on a regular basis 
Nope, too many people know me, I got four phone calls within 5 min after the bike was hit.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:20 am

TwoBuells wrote:
All fixed,

My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work Img_2010
You really should thank the dude who hit you; that bike looks great!
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 10:14 am

Adding the FMF Muffler and Tail light, licence place bracket really makes the bike look like a real dirt bike.

I’ve owned many bikes in my 40 years of riding.
Motocross bikes from the late 70’s early 80’s
A couple of Harley’s (don’t tell anyone)
Many Buells (eight)
Currently I have a 130HP Rotax Buell 1125R Sportbike,
Buell Ulysses Adventure touring bike
1000cc Rotax v-twin Can Am Renegade 4x4 ATV.
What is it about this little 250cc Yamaha WRR that makes it so much fun to ride?dunno 

The WR is surprisingly fast. Its fun off road, and on rode, I can brake later and dive deeper into corners than any other bike I own (I've always known this about dirt bikes) . this = fun:cheers: 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work   My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work Empty

Back to top Go down

My bike was hit in a parking lot @ work
Page 1 of 1