Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )

Go down 
+14
Goldentaco
chabon
greenboy
TKO
Gath3r13
garlicrider65
TwoBuells
comppro2k7
stemur1
mrbracket
Hilikus
N8
HiQ
wwguy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
12oclocker

12oclocker

12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) Empty
PostSubject: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:49 pm

It's finally here guys, the 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator!  thumb

It's been a long difficult road working on this unit, getting the size down to practically nothing, and get the screen brightness better than the competition. 14 High Brightness LED's make up the screen, for excellent direct sunlight visibility, and auto-dimming feature for great night visibility too. The screen face is very stylish, with the ambient light sensor hidden inside the screen. This unit is very sleek and compact, measuring only 20mm x 20mm x 13mm! Units are sealed and weather-proof for riding in any conditions. I've been running these units on my WR250X and CB1000R (as well as a few other bikes), all season long, and I couldn't be happier with how they turned out!

Installation is easy, No factory wire cutting! Wire harness includes easy plug-in factory connectors to make install very simple.

This is a learning GPI, you basically just drive through the gears and the device learns the gear positions, then it automatically exits learning mode and enters into normal gear display mode. Learning mode is a one time thing which is performed after you install the device. (You can re-enter learning mode if your need to [for example you change your sprocket sizes])
Gear detection is instant, displays your gear position in a fraction of a second.

I'm putting together a discount for the forum members here for the first production run of the units.
MSRP $99.99
WR FORUM PRICE: $79.99 (use code GPI-GRP )
PRODUCT LINK

12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) VSTAR1300_12oClockLabs_GPI_zps2jqwtqod

12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) CB1000R_12oClocklabs_GPI_zpsx7wskomg

12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) WR250X_12oClockLabs_GPI_zpslwl86jvr
(Note: the wiring harness in the CB1000R picture and WR250X picture was a prototype harness, the VSTAR1300 picture shows an actual production unit photo, your unit will have a single wire harness, not individual wires.)
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 8:18 pm

This is awesome! No more searching for 7th gear! I just ordered one.

P.S. - I LOVE my SpeedoDRD too.
Back to top Go down
HiQ

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Love it! It would go great with all my other 12oClockLabs goodies, but I think I'm gonna get the POD-300 and have the gear displayed on there. Hope I don't end up wanting one of these afterwards and miss the GB price. I'm sure these will sell like hot cakes though. Definitely hate trying to shift into 6th when you're already there Shog
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 7:29 am

Something I always wished the WR had.  I will order one of these shortly.  Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Done, ordered - thanks again!
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 11:14 am

ordered, can't wait to install.

Speedo, turn signals and tail light, all 12oClock Labs
Back to top Go down
Hilikus

Hilikus

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:06 am

Ordered. As a new rider, this will come in very handy.
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks everyone for the positive responses!  thumb  Production is rolling and the first units from the production run should start shipping out anywhere from 7 to 14 days from now. It's not too late if anyone else wants to get in... I made an initial guesstimate on how many of you would want units so I could get a head start on this first production run, and I will work as quickly as possible to get them all done asap for you guys. I will also make sure those who ordered first will get their units first. Once the first production run stock is exhausted I will put up a post and let everyone know. I look forward to hearing how everyone likes the new gear indicator thumb
Back to top Go down
mrbracket

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Just ordered mine!! Thanks for making cool sheeet!!!

I have your EXUP emulator and SpeedoDRD too!!!
Back to top Go down
stemur1

PostSubject: Finally   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 12:06 am

Thank goodness for this one....I've been running my 15' WR and constantly looking for the gear position when going to 6th. This is exactly what the WR has needed and it would have been nice if Yamaha would have directly included a GPI. Thanks 12oclock for another OEM blank spot filler of an excellent quality and functionallity!
Back to top Go down
comppro2k7

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 11:04 pm

12oclocker wrote:
Thanks everyone for the positive responses!  thumb  Production is rolling and the first units from the production run should start shipping out anywhere from 7 to 14 days from now. It's not too late if anyone else wants to get in... I made an initial guesstimate on how many of you would want units so I could get a head start on this first production run, and I will work as quickly as possible to get them all done asap for you guys. I will also make sure those who ordered first will get their units first. Once the first production run stock is exhausted I will put up a post and let everyone know. I look forward to hearing how everyone likes the new gear indicator thumb

just ordered one for my wr250x. how do these mount to the bike (double sided tape,bracket,etc) and where does it plug into on the bike itself ?
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 11:18 pm

thanks everyone thumb majority of the GPI kits will be shipping out tomorrow. the connection plugs will be found under the seat. Yes they will use the double sided mounting tape. detailed instructions will be included, I also have a tutorial video but I doubt it will be necessary. I'll most likely post it up anyway though.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 2:45 pm

thumb can't wait to install wings
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi everyone, majority of you will be getting your GPI's in the mail very soon  thumb , I've got a couple example videos on how to train the gears, it's really easy....

Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 8:42 pm

what are you doing with your left thumb after each shift in the learning mode?
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 9:01 pm

You noticed that too Very happy My brain automatically turns off my turn signals constantly,...  dunno  many many years ago I used to forget to turn them off occasionally, so I made an effort to train my brain to turn them off after shifting into the next gear while completing a turn.... now my brain subconsciously does that almost every time I switch gears. Kinda like jittering your leg under your desk at work unintentionally, but instead I constantly shut my turn signals off, even though they are already off. Very happy
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 9:24 pm

I do the same thing. woohoo I was worried that I had to wire up a button on the left for the GPI Rolling Eyes
Mine comes in the mail tomorrow, can't wait!
I was camping and riding all weekend at Michaux State Forest and while on the WRR I kept thinking wish I had my new GPI Shog 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) IMG_20150605_171512_zpsqdkfxoyd
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:54 am

Got mine yesterday. Unfortunately my weeknights are stupid busy this week so I probably won't get a chance to install it till the weekend. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
comppro2k7

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Everyone that received there when did u order, ive ordered over a week ago and mine still hasn't shipped yet.
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:17 pm

no worries, yours will ship this week, first batch shipped already, you must have just slightly missed the first batch shipment, but hang in there, you will be getting a tracking number any day now ;-)
Back to top Go down
garlicrider65

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Got mine yesterday, installed it last night, and rode the bike today to get it programmed.  Installation was easy but the seat, tank, headlight, and shrouds all came off to run the wiring.  Programming was simple but you need a mile or so of road with no traffic or stop signs/traffic signals.  Display is bright, numbers are distinct, and it only requires a quick glance down to see what gear you are in.  cheers Nice addition to the WR.
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 10:42 am

Love the 12O'clock labs stuff. I'm been thinking about this gear indicator. I just do not see myself finding it useful. I mean, while I'm riding, whether its on the road, or in the woods, I can basically tell what gear I'm in by just judging my speed and the sound of the engine. You know, like if its lugging, or winding out. I think there was one time, where I was in 6th, and went to shift up for mo speed.. and realized immediately by it not shifting, that I was in top gear.

Where are you guys finding this useful?
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 10:49 am

your ears are more in tuned than mine for sure Very happy , I have always had the problem of trying to shift into a 7th gear I don't have, or when getting ready to take a turn, trying to remember what gear I am in. I have heard of others being able to tell by the sound and speed, but I think my senses are not that sharp Very happy For me it's nice to glance down and know where I'm at gear wise thumb
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 11:21 am

Trying to shift into 7th is definitely where it will help me most. I use my bike to commute to work so I am in 6th a lot. If I rode mostly dirt, it would probably not be nearly as helpful.
Back to top Go down
garlicrider65

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 12:31 pm

I have the same issues trying to shift into 7th but also have had numerous cases of running in 5th thinking I was already in 6th. I also think it will help off road as I am geared down and sometimes it is difficult for me to know what low gear I am actually in until I stall out or spin the rear tire out. Because of these issues, I had considered installing a tach before this GPI became available. The GPI is certainly not a necessity, but for me it is a nice to be able to glance down and confirm what gear I am in.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 4:12 pm

easy install and working great, this is a cool device! thumb

If you have any doubts about 12oClockLabs products, Don't, their stuff works period! deal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) Empty

Back to top Go down

12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next