Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )

Go down 
+14
Goldentaco
chabon
greenboy
TKO
Gath3r13
garlicrider65
TwoBuells
comppro2k7
stemur1
mrbracket
Hilikus
N8
HiQ
wwguy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 6:31 pm

note the GPI light does not blink to the naked eye, the GoPro picks up everything....

Click the little gear and watch in HD deal

Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 6:51 pm

how the GoPro picks up the GPI screen pwm which the human eyes cant see reminds me of video taping an old CRT TV and seeing the scan lines in the video... I finally found a GoPro res that eliminated it, cant remember now what that setting was.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:13 pm

I posted my little video on the Facebook Yamaha WR250R/X Group page. and a link to your site, everyone is asking where I got it thumb
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Posting for two reasons:

#1  To say how much I like this product on my bike.  thumb
#2  To say how much I like this company.  thumb

This product works as advertised.  Each successive gear is indicated quickly on an easy to read display.  Downshift more than one gear at a time . . no problem.  See the display in bright sunlight . . . no problem.  Riding after dark thirty . . . no problem, the unit self dims.  Easy peezy installation with plug and play connectors.  One wire to tap.  The two things I love most about this product is no more reaching for 7th gear and knowing when I am downshifting from 3rd to granny 2nd gear.

Now for the company.  After placing my order, I received my unit quickly.  After taking the necessary parts off the bike to route the harness, the install took all of 15 minutes.  Went for my maiden voyage and could not get the unit to go into learning mode.  Did the hard reset (ingenious methodology here) and still no go.  So, I called the company.  A polite young man talked me through some diagnostic procedures that, eventually, culminated in taking a few measurements with a Volt/ohm meter.  Due to readings obtained, he pronounced my unit DOA.  He apologized for any inconvenience and immediately mailed out a replacement unit.  No, "we will send you a replacement unit when we get the original back and through testing".  No problems, no hassles, just good old fashioned quality customer service.

Plugged in the replacement unit and voila!

Anyway, I already knew the company manufactured quality products (I have their SpeedoDRD), but now I also know that they stand behind what they ship out.

Anyone out their on the fence, take the plunge.  You will be very happy.
Back to top Go down
greenboy

greenboy

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:08 pm

sometimes i shift into seventh, seems legit ; }
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 9:50 pm

I love my new GPI thumb thumb thumb
but it would be cool to tie in the neutral light Rolling Eyes
I have to train myself to stop looking at the GPI and look for my green neutral light scratch
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 10:50 pm

I know, unfortunately tieing into the neutral would require another wire connection, and since the bike already had a neutral indicator, we wanted to avoid redundancy in favor of an easier install... Very happy  thanks everyone for all the great words, glad to hear everyone is liking the unit! thumb
Back to top Go down
chabon

chabon

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:54 pm

Installed mine, works great.

I used a 'certainly unapproved' method to learn my shift points. Too much traffic and unable to get a clean run without cross traffic or stop signs. So, I strapped the bike down to my lift, jumped on, and went through the gears in my garage! Kept speed slow, it still bucked a little in 5th and 6th gears but it worked! Kept front brake on just in case. If I was to do this again I might consider undoing the chain, spin the counter sprocket with a ratchet a few turns to get into program mode and run through the gears. Wouldn't even need to put it on stand to do this.

Caution: This is probably not safe and I will not be responsible for you driving through your garage wall.
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 7:18 pm

I have a gear position indicator on my FZ1 from a different company that has a programmable shift light feature.  You program an rpm setting into the GPI and at that threshold rpm the your gear number flashes.  Great for bikes without a shift light when the occasional impromptu race occurs.

This function would be great on the WR250R to keep from bumping the rev limiter and losing drive.

Here is a link to what I have.

You wouldn't need the high speed warning function with the WR.  poser2
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:27 am

since their is no tach on the WR, it would be hard to train the GPI as to what RPM to show the shift indicator, since on the units that have that feature you are supposed to look at your tachometer and hold the RPM steady while the unit learns the RPM you want. Since their is no tachometer indicator on the WR, their would be no way to know exactly what RPM you were holding at... I will make note of this for possibly a future version, or maybe a separate add-on.... Very happy
My WR struggles past 77mph, but sometimes makes it to 82mph, once I had it at 94mph going down hill riding with the wind. wink
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 4:01 pm

How about the tach in diag mode..?

It would be cool with a neutral and shift light
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 2:51 am

... I forgot about that hidden diag mode tach :hmmm:  ... I will make note of the neutral and shift light requests for possible a future version thumb

chabon wrote:
Installed mine, works great.

I used a 'certainly unapproved' method to learn my shift points. Too much traffic and unable to get a clean run without cross traffic or stop signs. So, I strapped the bike down to my lift, jumped on, and went through the gears in my garage! Kept speed slow, it still bucked a little in 5th and 6th gears but it worked! Kept front brake on just in case. If I was to do this again I might consider undoing the chain, spin the counter sprocket with a ratchet a few turns to get into program mode and run through the gears. Wouldn't even need to put it on stand to do this.

Caution: This is probably not safe and I will not be responsible for you driving through your garage wall.

also, if you need some time to drive somewhere, you can perform the "learning mode restart" once you get to where you want.  thumb
Back to top Go down
Goldentaco

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 9:41 pm

Saweet!

Got mine installed this evening and had a nice little ride to test it out. Works great.

So if I got this right, if I shut off the bike with the kill switch and back into a parking space or move it prior to shutting the ignition off will it keep entering Programming mode? If I then turn the ign off, Park bike overnight or as long as it takes to eat a cheesburger will it enter into Program mode again when I turn the ign. back on or...

J
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 10:04 pm

it will not... ;-)
once the gears are learned, using the killswitch and rolling the bike will "temporarily" reactivate learning mode, the mode will not remain activated during an ignition switch toggle.
The only way learning mode will remain active during an ignition switch toggle is if activated with a "hard reset" or "transmission select", it will then remain active until the learning proceedure is completed.
Still, I would recommed after learning mode is completed successfully, use the ignition switch to shut off the bike so learning mode is not accidentally reactivated.
Back to top Go down
Goldentaco

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 2:02 pm

Cool. Sounds like this won't change my normal procedures much.

Thanks,

J
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 2:38 pm

12oclocker wrote:
... I forgot about that hidden diag mode tach :hmmm:  ... I will make note of the neutral and shift light requests for possible a future version thumb

That would be way cool.
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 2:10 am

Just now heard about this thumb
How long is the WRR/X forum price valid? My bike already has every other WRR mod you sell, including upgraded rear board, speedo healer, turn sig running lights, etc. Never knew about previous upgrades until discounts had expired. Hoping I did not miss out again dunno
Back to top Go down
SwissDude

SwissDude

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 5:25 am

you did, it's expired. Bad luck for me, too GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )   12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI ) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

12oClockLabs Gear Position Indicator ( GPI )
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2