Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Fulmer DS helmet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MeefZah

MeefZah

New Fulmer DS helmet Empty
PostSubject: New Fulmer DS helmet   New Fulmer DS helmet EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:23 pm

New Fulmer DS helmet Adv-views

These are out now. I did a search and saw nothing, but my search juju is pretty shitty. Sorry if this is already posted here.

Retail is around $150. They appear quite nice for the money. Fulmer markets them as the "Dalton Hwy" Dual Sport helmet.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: New Fulmer DS helmet   New Fulmer DS helmet EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 8:23 pm

So I bought one, XL blue.

It's growing on me. It's obviously neither as good as a street helmet on the street or a dirt helmet in the dirt. It is comfortable, suprisingly more quiet than I'd expected, and vents very well. It looks cool. The visor really doesn't catch much air at all.

The down sides are that the shield is slightly non-correct on the bottom and causes a bit of distortion. Look through the top and it is fine. This is understandable given the extreme curve of the helmet shield. There also is some glare from the sun, which borders on annoying as hell depending on where the sun is in the sky.
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: New Fulmer DS helmet   New Fulmer DS helmet EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks. Do you have a melon head or a round head?

My dealer said he expected to see this sometime this month. My current Shoei is getting long in tooth (5 years old in a few months), so I'm ready for a replacement.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: New Fulmer DS helmet   New Fulmer DS helmet EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:27 pm

I think it's more oval. I wear a Scorpion and it fits the same, same sizing too. Is that helpful?
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: New Fulmer DS helmet   New Fulmer DS helmet EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:32 pm

MeefZah wrote:
I think it's more oval. I wear a Scorpion and it fits the same, same sizing too. Is that helpful?

Yep. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
wilburj

wilburj

PostSubject: Re: New Fulmer DS helmet   New Fulmer DS helmet EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 5:37 pm

I bought one last week and have ridden with it a few times it's a good helmet fits well but the optics are pretty bad. Size wise it seem to run big. I normally wear a XXL but with this i wear an XL. My head fits best in a Bell Star, the new ones not the ones from the 70's and Shoei, So I guess I have an oval head. But this helmet does fit my head well and it looks pretty spiffy. wilburj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Fulmer DS helmet   New Fulmer DS helmet Empty

Back to top Go down

New Fulmer DS helmet
Page 1 of 1