Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

correct alignment and placement of stuff

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lancek

correct alignment and placement of stuff Empty
PostSubject: correct alignment and placement of stuff   correct alignment and placement of stuff EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:51 am

ok so I broke bits on my bike and have finally got all the new bits and been busy replacing - put on the GYTR licence plate holder - very cool and the new TAG handlebars, Tag grips, 20mm risers, ego barkbusters, throttle housing and some other bits and pieces including a little licence plate LED to keep everything legal from the guys at Zap Racing (www.zapracing.com.au)

My bike was stock and ridden as stock (never adjusted anything), so when putting on the levers I was adjusting to suit. They now point downwards to suit a more natural grip when sitting and standing - yet to try it out for a ride for final adjustment...

I have the barkbusters angled at a similar direction, so that the metal frame of the barkbusters is on the same plane as the levers.

My question is - should the barkbusters be at 0 degree tilt (parallel with the ground) or should they tilt at the same angle as teh levers? They do look at little different - but then again I havent taken the time to look at the setup of others.

Thanks
Lance
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: correct alignment and placement of stuff   correct alignment and placement of stuff EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 9:55 am

I have mine at the same level as my levers...they are supposed to be there to stop things from smacking them and your hands, and if you dump the bike, the metal bar will hit first and save your levers. If you have them too high and you dump it, you won't have the same protection and snap go the levers. correct alignment and placement of stuff 9356

NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: correct alignment and placement of stuff   correct alignment and placement of stuff EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:54 pm

Yeah I did the same as SheWolf, you the bark buster's are there to protect the levers correct alignment and placement of stuff 61865
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: correct alignment and placement of stuff   correct alignment and placement of stuff EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:05 pm

I've always used Bark Busters to keep my hands from being smashed by trees. I guess it's nice that they protect your levers but hands/fingers are way more expensive than levers. correct alignment and placement of stuff 810411
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: correct alignment and placement of stuff   correct alignment and placement of stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

correct alignment and placement of stuff
Page 1 of 1