Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

HELP! Bike won't start

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roadrash1991

HELP! Bike won't start Empty
PostSubject: HELP! Bike won't start   HELP! Bike won't start EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi Everyone I had this issue yesterday with my bike.

Well here it goes.. (2009 WR250R)

I was riding and off-roading with a few friends when I stopped, sitting in neutral with the engine running the engine all of a sudden dies.

I go to hit the start button and nothing happens, no click, no crank, nada. (lights, horn, blinkers, dash work)

At this point I am very confused so we pull my bike to a parking lot and try bump starting it, you can hear the engine cycling but it doesn't fire up. At first I thought it could be the fuel pump since you can't hear it prime but you don't even get a crank from the engine. Now the battery is fine on the bike and was working just okay moments before.

I took off the seat and the panels, checked the starter relay fuses and they were all okay, checked the ignition fuses up front by the radiator reservoir and they were also okay. I opened up the starter switch and it didn't look fried or damaged.. Now when I looked at my fmf fuel programmer I noticed the ground wire was crushed and partially exposed touching the frame, so I respliced it and taped it up. I still wasn't getting any crank what so ever. Thinking maybe the FMF fuel programmer was dead I decided to remove it from the piggy back and wired it to stock, Still didn't start...

Now I'm thinking I don't think it could be the tip over sensor? Or could it? I've noticed when you do tip your bike over the sensor will let your bike crank but won't spark the engine to turn on. So I think it's fine.

I think it probably has to do something with the kill/on/off/run switch? Has anyone had similar problems? Could the starter relay be bad (I don't hear any click?)

I'm all out of thoughts...

Please help me :(
Back to top Go down
Roadrash1991

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Bike won't start   HELP! Bike won't start EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:15 pm

I'll look into this thread when I get home,
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5549-bike-won-t-start-try-this

Maybe the plug wen't un-done?
Back to top Go down
Roadrash1991

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Bike won't start   HELP! Bike won't start EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:16 pm

I'll start with small steps, but I don't think I could of fried the ECU with the FMF fuel programmer ground wire busted? They're not even connected?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Bike won't start   HELP! Bike won't start Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP! Bike won't start
Page 1 of 1