Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BCRider

Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada Empty
PostSubject: Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada   Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 6:25 pm

Hey guys,
I want to replace my sprockets and chain to 13/48.
Are there any canadians that can point me in the direction of an cdn online retailer that sells these sprockets? So far looking at the big guys I can't find much of anything specific baldy .. are they specific?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada   Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 1:55 pm

I bought mine from Amazon here in the USA.  Looks like you can get them in Canada too.

JT Sprockets JTR245/2.48 48T Steel Rear Sprocket

JT Sprockets JTF1590.13SC 13T Steel Front Sprocket

DID 520VX2-110 X-Ring Chain with Connecting Link

Not 100% sure if 110 link chain is best for you.  Gearing Commander online calculator shows that 13/48 with 110 link chain will bring your rear sprocket 5.7 mm forward compared to 13/43 with 108 link chain.  This combo is closest to stock sprocket distance, compared to 108 or 112 link chain. (112 link chain with 48T rear sprocket will push your rear sprocket back 10 mm compared to stock.)

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
BCRider

PostSubject: Re: Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada   Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Thanks wwguy! definitely helps thumb

The links on the other hand aren't what I'm looking for because although they ship to Canada, they ship at one heck of a premium dunno

I need to find the parts either on amazon.ca or a canadian online dealer.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada   Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:39 pm

I buy stuff from gnarly parts most of the time I need bike parts and they're in BC. thumb

The sprockets aren't anything special wrf 250 ones fit and a chains a chain just remember to get new sprocket bolts too.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada   Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:54 pm

BCRider wrote:

The links on the other hand aren't what I'm looking for because although they ship to Canada, they ship at one heck of a premium  dunno

I need to find the parts either on amazon.ca or a canadian online dealer.

Those links were amazon.ca thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada   Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada Empty

Back to top Go down

Help - Where to buy sprockets/chain Canada
Page 1 of 1