Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount

Go down 
+5
wwguy
rarepartbuilder
YamaLink
greenboy
WROC
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WROC

WROC

Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount Empty
PostSubject: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Hi everyone,

A good friend of mine, who happens to be an aeronautical engineer, has agreed to build an aluminum kickstand and lighter mounting bracket for my WRR (we're also going to modify the stock subframe to cut unnecessary weight). Seeing as no one currently offers an aluminum kickstand and/or lightweight mount for our bikes, would anyone else be interested in such a product? If so, please speak up and I will see about putting together some sort of group buy.
Back to top Go down
greenboy

greenboy

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 8:17 pm

sounds interesting if given a projected price range... it'd be cool if it had a little height adjustability via foot or something, to make up for the large range of tires and lowering links, etc.
Back to top Go down
YamaLink

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 8:47 pm

And maybe gauge interest from the major WRR/X vendors. Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 9:03 pm

lurk be careful with the stress at and near the kickstand pivot. I put a hybrid unit ...6061 t6 aluminum pipe with a exterior steel tube sheath {for the first 4 " from the pivot} on a klr650 and used an aluminum engine piston  for the foot .

Unless your friend also rides remind him that many go touring /camping with bikes ...the unit could be asked to support a considerable heavier weight.

Best of luck with the build.. looking forward to seeing the end product.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 9:18 pm

I'm interested in seeing it, and then I'll decide if I'm interested in buying one.  (Same as other farkle.)
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:45 am

how did it go?
ill take one
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 8:55 pm

I believe the WR250F side stand fits which is alloy?
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 8:27 am

any idea of the weight difference
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:28 pm

WROC wrote:
Hi everyone,

A good friend of mine, who happens to be an aeronautical engineer, has agreed to build an aluminum kickstand and lighter mounting bracket for my WRR (we're also going to modify the stock subframe to cut unnecessary weight). Seeing as no one currently offers an aluminum kickstand and/or lightweight mount for our bikes, would anyone else be interested in such a product? If so, please speak up and I will see about putting together some sort of group buy.

What ever happened to this? Your profile shows that you haven't logged back into the forum since 11/30/2015... 5 days after you posted this inquiry.
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: lighter, cool looks and suprisingly durable   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:15 pm

Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount Img_0514

Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount Img_0515

its about half the weight of the stock stand and looks way cooler. anyone interested in it, please send me a message
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:20 pm

So about 2 lbs lighter? Looks really nice by the way. I might be interested in a stock length blue one depending on price.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:24 pm

michiko wrote:

Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount Img_0515

its about half the weight of the stock stand and looks way cooler. anyone interested in it, please send me a message

Looks Great! WOW

How about posting up the material that the spring connection spigot is made of? {not aluminum i hope}
as its function and rooted connection is almost more important than the kick stand pivot bolt . {ie needs to be strong so the kick stand doesn't flop down on a slab ride / turn from a dis connected spring}
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyTue May 03, 2016 6:01 am

Looks great, please post more details and price :)
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyWed May 04, 2016 9:48 am

I just bought 17's and may be in the market for a blue short one.
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount EmptyWed May 04, 2016 5:30 pm

material used is al7n01, its strong enough and light.

I am sorry, if price is a concern then i can tell you it was hellishly expensive. then plus the shipping from japan.
but if price is of no concern then blue could be done or any color

if you are interested please pm directly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount   Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount Empty

Back to top Go down

Gauging Interest: Aluminum kickstand/lightweight mount
Page 1 of 1