Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Aluminum subframe - $507

Go down 
+4
Chrispy1200
rc23
pbnut
Just Bob
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Just Bob

Just Bob

Aluminum subframe - $507 Empty
PostSubject: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 am

I keep finding great stuff from Japan. Check this out, half way down the page. Engrish by Googroo transwate;

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.dion.ne.jp%2Fdiablo%2Farchives%2Fcat_366119-1.html

Aluminum subframe - $507 DSCN5549-thumbnail2
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:33 pm

wink

Aluminum subframe - $507 700753_157503257_1large

Love that (aside from the little chin fairing).

I'd love an aluminum subframe, at least until I wrecked (again) and tweaked it all to hell.
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:13 am

The bottom is a track required oil catch pan so when your motor goes poo you don't crash out others. Maybe with the chin they're thinking they could grab some more cooling and hence a bit more power. The tubing wrapping down around the front frame down tube probably goes to an oil cooler. Interesting also the holes drilled over the air intake side panel. These guys look serious about their go-fast so its interesting to see they haven't chosen a "power bulge" on the pipe. You can be pretty sure its seen a lot of dyno time. I think the tire warmers are gayer than a bag of dicks.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:43 pm

I wish I could figure out what they did to the shift linkage/transmission - almost looks like they reversed it for gp shift - which I would kill for.
That belly pan is sick. Its larger than the cf one i have on my bike - scoops forward prob bc it has to hold a certain amount of liquid to pass tech.

I want that dam front number plate!

Bob - why you no like warmers? I hope youre talking about the colors(if so, i agree)
Luckily I have an extra set from my 600's and always use them with the race tires...even on the 250 makes a HUGE difference.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Can't see the website (blocked at work). What's the weight savings on the subframe for $500 bucks ?
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:24 pm

I mostly find my self wondering why on earth they bothered with our bike at all. Why not start with a lighter more powerful MX bike.
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:29 pm

Web site says alu subframe one kilo lighter than stock.

I love extra hot baked tires - its just the colors. Too busy. Tho I do love the Nihongo sense of over-the-top style. I have this semi-perverted attraction to Japanese girls in Hello Kitty swimsuits... Shog
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:32 pm

They're racing them...every little bit counts. More than likely they had to have them made and are trying to get back some of the coin they dumped on them for their own race bikes. We always just chopped the crap out of the stock one or made our own.

You never know overseas, they get all kinds of cool shyt that we cant touch.

I.E. that dope Diablo Racing exhaust on it.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Just Bob wrote:
The bottom is a track required oil catch pan so when your motor goes poo you don't crash out others.
Ah, of course. I've been away from the track too long... Forgot all about that.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:41 am

Just Bob wrote:
Web site says alu subframe one kilo lighter than stock.

I love extra hot baked tires - its just the colors. Too busy. Tho I do love the Nihongo sense of over-the-top style. I have this semi-perverted attraction to Japanese girls in Hello Kitty swimsuits... Shog

So, roughly 2 lbs? Seems like you could easily cut that off of the stock one if you never intend to carry a passenger.

Also, +1 on the swimsuits comment.
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:56 pm

I am really really looking forward to seeing what the chassis designers do in Moto3. Aluminum subframe? Pah. How about carbon fiber!
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Just Bob wrote:
I have this semi-perverted attraction to Japanese girls in Hello Kitty swimsuits... Shog
And where would I find pictures of these young ladies? .... links please
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:55 am

I looked up moto3 because I did t know what it is, our bike is actually too light for the class lol. By almost 50 lbs! Course they would just throw our motor into a prototype chassis with a lot more compression and a cam that lets it rev out to 14k. If they use our motor I bet they get 60 or 65hp from it. They don't get that much from mx 250s but high speed asphalt doesn't need the wide rev range.
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:28 am

oic0 wrote:
I looked up moto3 because I did t know what it is, our bike is actually too light for the class lol.

Wow! oicO I knew that couldn't be right so I looked it up and the weight limit will be 148 kilos or 326 lb.s WITH THE RIDER. This is a huge new development as heavier riders will now no longer be penalized. So for a lightweight like me at maybe 150 lb.s with gear my bike can weigh 176 lb.s! - about 100 lb.s less than a stock R2.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:49 am

Just Bob wrote:
oic0 wrote:
I looked up moto3 because I did t know what it is, our bike is actually too light for the class lol.

Wow! oicO I knew that couldn't be right so I looked it up and the weight limit will be 148 kilos or 326 lb.s WITH THE RIDER. This is a huge new development as heavier riders will now no longer be penalized. So for a lightweight like me at maybe 150 lb.s with gear my bike can weigh 176 lb.s! - about 100 lb.s less than a stock R2.

Yes they will lol. My bike would have to weigh 70lbs for me to be competitive lol.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 am

I roadraced mine one race weekend just bc i had it there. Got second place against 4 other ninja 250's. Surprisingly competitive for the difference in shape/aerodynamics.

Little 16yo 100lb fuker got me - couldn't draft him to save my life. lol

There is no weight limit for the class i raced it in tho and I'm 185 =[

Back to top Go down
wharvey357

wharvey357

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:04 am

pbnut wrote:
wink

Aluminum subframe - $507 700753_157503257_1large

Love that (aside from the little chin fairing).

I'd love an aluminum subframe, at least until I wrecked (again) and tweaked it all to hell.

Does anybody know where i can get the Chin fairing..........
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:22 am

wharvey357 wrote:
Does anybody know where i can get the Chin fairing..........

Send them an email at info@dia-blo.jp

I saw another with that pan on this page. Some of these R2s are kick ass!

http://www.dia-blo.jp/product/ori_f.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe - $507   Aluminum subframe - $507 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aluminum subframe - $507
Page 1 of 1