Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Aluminum subframe

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SLOWRIDER

Aluminum subframe Empty
PostSubject: Aluminum subframe   Aluminum subframe EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 5:41 pm

Does anybody know if an aluminum sub frame off of a wr250f or other model is close enough in dimensions that it can be modified to fit our WR250R???

As long as the basic shape is correct I can relocate mounting tabs and have them tig-welded
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Aluminum subframe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe   Aluminum subframe EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:42 pm

Close?
No, as the bikes are as different as can be in actuality.
If you did the work to make it fit, it would be changed a fair bit.
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

Aluminum subframe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe   Aluminum subframe EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:06 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Close?
Thanks YZEtc! To fab one out of scratch would be expensive and time consuming to save 5 to 7 pounds
Back to top Go down
chabon

chabon

Aluminum subframe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe   Aluminum subframe EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:32 pm

SLOWRIDER wrote:
YZEtc wrote:
Close?
Thanks YZEtc! To fab one out of scratch would be expensive and time consuming to save 5 to 7 pounds
I just happen to have a 'lightened' subframe I was getting ready to put up for sale. It was 'stripped down' by the previous owner and I replaced it with a stock one. The helmet bar, mounting brackets for passenger pegs, toolkit, etc were removed and the frame nicely repainted. Send me a PM if you think your interested and I will get some photos to you.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

Aluminum subframe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe   Aluminum subframe EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:20 pm

chabon wrote:
I just happen to have a 'lightened' subframe I was getting ready to put up for sale. It was 'stripped down' by the previous owner and I replaced it with a stock one. The helmet bar, mounting brackets for passenger pegs, toolkit, etc were removed and the frame nicely repainted. Send me a PM if you think your interested and I will get some photos to you.
I thought about doing the same thing. How much weight did it save?
Back to top Go down
chabon

chabon

Aluminum subframe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe   Aluminum subframe EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:11 pm

pbnut wrote:
chabon wrote:
I thought about doing the same thing. How much weight did it save?
The lightened subframe weighs out at 6.3 pounds. Not sure what stock is. If somebody knows post it up here so we can compare!

Aluminum subframe <a href=Aluminum subframe 2013-110" />

Aluminum subframe 2013-113
Back to top Go down
jefmad

Aluminum subframe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe   Aluminum subframe EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:20 pm

SLOWRIDER wrote:
YZEtc wrote:
Close?
By going Aluminum I would be surprised if you saved more than 2 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aluminum subframe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum subframe   Aluminum subframe Empty

Back to top Go down

Aluminum subframe
Page 1 of 1