Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Error 33 - Ignition coil

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jens Eskildsen

Error 33 - Ignition coil Empty
PostSubject: Error 33 - Ignition coil   Error 33 - Ignition coil EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi, I was out riding in the snow when I got a orange warninglight in the dash, and the bike died, and wouldn't restart.

It gave a code 33 ignition coil primary side. I got to the list of error-codes in DIAG mode in the dash, and tried to clear them all (some other stuff was saved inthere) It cleared all but the 33. But after that, the bike started and worked fine, I just cant delete the error code 33.

Since then I've tried to clean the connectors around the coil.

Does the bike need some sort of high tech (expensive) yamaha diagnostic-tool to clear the code? It bothers me that I cant delete it, eventhough the bike is unaffected.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Error 33 - Ignition coil   Error 33 - Ignition coil EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Well I guess im the only one then.... great... Very happy
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Error 33 - Ignition coil   Error 33 - Ignition coil EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:46 pm

Wow, that's a new one. When error 33 is active the bike won't run, so it's obvious that the error isn't active now. You can't clear it via the start switch while in diag code 62? Does diag 62 show "00", or something else?

Sorry. Wish I had something more helpful.

Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Error 33 - Ignition coil   Error 33 - Ignition coil EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Cleared the faultcode after cleaning the connectors, coil ect...

Dont know if I just didnt hit the killbuttom properly the first time or what happened.

But its gone now.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error 33 - Ignition coil   Error 33 - Ignition coil Empty

Back to top Go down

Error 33 - Ignition coil
Page 1 of 1