Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front Axle Pull Handle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Janet from Joisey

Front Axle Pull Handle Empty
PostSubject: Front Axle Pull Handle   Front Axle Pull Handle EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 8:25 am

Has anyone used a Front Axle Pull Handle on their WR250R?  What do you use to make axle removal easy when you're away from home? Thanks,JfJ

Moose Racing Pull Handle  

Front Axle Pull Handle Jpg

ZipTy Racing

Front Axle Pull Handle Fah_yz__34154.1323077616.1280.1280
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pull Handle   Front Axle Pull Handle EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:43 pm

I just use 2 wrenches, they're included in the stock toolkit... I've added some higher quality tools for my own kit tho'
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pull Handle   Front Axle Pull Handle EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:23 pm

I changed the front tire yesterday (at home). No problem removing the front axle nut and tapping the axle until it's flush with the fork leg using a plastic mallet. When I tried to remove the axle from the opposite side, I had difficulty pulling the greasy, round end. I ended up tapping the threaded end with a brass drift.

I don't want to carry anything extra (brass drift) when travelling away from home. I've used Axle Pulls like this on dirt bikes, they work well. Just curious if anyone has them on their WRR.
- JfJ

Front Axle Pull Handle FAH-LC8-02
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pull Handle   Front Axle Pull Handle EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 1:54 pm

A boot often does the job of a rubber mallet thumb

Use a screwdriver, a stick or whatever to push the axle trough further. Make sure to lube the axle ect, it should slide out pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pull Handle   Front Axle Pull Handle EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 6:47 pm

I find the axle on the wrr much harder to remove then the axle on other bikes.

I started driving a kinda thick flat blade screw driver in the bottom of the fork leg where its split under the pinch bolts to spread the fork leg open more and the axle slides in and out easier now, its like the fork leg is machined a hair too small for the axle.

Axle pull handles are nice to have tho. thumb
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pull Handle   Front Axle Pull Handle EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 7:19 pm

Interesting discussion. My front axle slides out very easily with a gentle push from a finger. If the bike was laying sideways I think it might fall out when the pinch bolts are loose.
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pull Handle   Front Axle Pull Handle EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 9:49 pm

Axle pull ordered.  Will post pix when installed.  JfJ

PS: whenever I remove an axle at home, it gets cleaned with WD-40.  Then it gets lightly lubed with...
thumb
Front Axle Pull Handle BelRayWaterproofGrease
Back to top Go down
njdrt-rdr

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pull Handle   Front Axle Pull Handle EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 11:08 am

Just curious if this pull fit your axle, when I look at the moose fitment guide, the WRR is not included.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pull Handle   Front Axle Pull Handle EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 5:17 pm

I use pliers or visegrips to pull it out if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pull Handle   Front Axle Pull Handle Empty

Back to top Go down

Front Axle Pull Handle
Page 1 of 1