Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Yet to pull the trigger

Go down 
+5
skierd
john92
inspector
YZEtc
kenner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kenner

kenner

Yet to pull the trigger Empty
PostSubject: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:25 pm

At 3 years old my old man used to take me out on his early 70's Kawasaki dual sport. Too small (and scared) to sit behind him I would sit in front (basically on the gas tank) loving every minute. Occasionally he'd go off on his own and come back hours later...mud from head to toe ...the only white on him was the gleam in his eyes and the teeth in his smile. At some point, the story is told, my mom said ''motorcyle or me'' and he eventually chose mom (no one but him can judge if that was the right move but I like to think it was). So he sold the bike and took up flying and we would take off on the weekends to rent two seater prop planes and practice stall-outs and landings. I never really heard what moms reaction was to the flying BUT she can never say that he didn't choose her over the motorcycle (I do know that she never set foot in one of those little planes). 40 years later my buddies are all buying Dualsports and telling tall tales of weekend adventures. I've had a life time dualsport bug since my days of riding on the gas tank of my Dad's old DS in the early 70's....I havn't pulled the trigger....but i'm shopping and really like the looks of your beloved WR250. Yet to pull the trigger 810411
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:12 pm

Be sure to post pics of the bike. :)
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Welcome, HI!

*the biggest smiles I've had where from riding. (hell, i've been known to giggle like a little school girl on some rides)
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:13 pm

PULL THE TRIGGER! Yet to pull the trigger 525406 PULL IT!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:19 am

The best thing I've ever done for my mental health was get a motorcycle. Yet to pull the trigger 61865 There is nothing better than becoming one with the machine and just flying...
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:17 am

Pull!
Back to top Go down
ModalGuy

ModalGuy

PostSubject: Re: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:31 pm

This just reminds me of why I bought a dual sport.

For me it was riding on the back of my cousins Honda CT70 when I was 4-5 years old. My aunt and uncle had 70 acre farm and he would ride be all over the place on that. I can still see my parents cringe at the sight... they knew I was hooked.

Then my buddy in High School had a bright red Honda Elsinore CR250... and his Dad had a Honda XL500. A dirt bike with lights, that looks interesting... I think the Elsinore that my buddy had was the last year before Pro-Link came out and the XL had the Pro-Link. Very cool. From that point on I knew someday I would own a Dual-Sport bike.

In college I owned a couple of street bikes. A Honda CB650 and a Nighthawk. I think I bought the first bike a saw rather than being patient and buying a dual-sport. Sold those bikes and almost bought an NX250.

Last year I finally bought the dual-sport. I can't beleive I waited so long. I really enjoy my WR^2. So much so my wife may ask me the same question your mother asked your father...I sure hope I don't have to make that decision.

I don't know your riding experience, but I would highly recommend the MSF basic rider course and the dirt bike school.

Whatever you buy, just make sure you have the cash to pay for it. If you have the cash pull the trigger!
Back to top Go down
kenner

kenner

PostSubject: Re: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:55 pm

I did a similar thing many years ago....a buddy was unloading a
Nighthawk...not exactly what I wanted in a motorcycle but it sure was a
good looking (red/black) and fun to ride bike ... so went for it and
enjoyed road riding for several years. A need for cash drove me to sell
and I'm yet to get back into motorcycles. Next bike will be a DS. I've studied up on many models ....was eyeing the DR650 for a while....lots of them for sale at bargain prices.... but as good as the DR sounds for riding the road , it sounds like it's not to friendly on the trails (where I'd l rather spend my time). The WRR's are not as easy to find used and they run a little steep brand new ...BUT, sounds like it's worth it..... so that's where i'm leaning.

Thanks all for your posts....I'll post photos when I make this happen.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:39 am

I say pull the trigger.
Back to top Go down
kenner

kenner

PostSubject: Re: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:12 am

did some shopping over the weekend. Had to run some errands for my wife and somehow found myself at a local Powersports dealer....it was like a magnet drawing me in. They had a new '09 WRR out back ...price was right as they were clearing out the '09's and bringing in snowmobiles for the season....BUT, turns out it had sold to a guy in Texas via e-bay. Bummer. Oh well, the search goes on....no rush I suppose since winter is almost upon us here in upstate NY.
Back to top Go down
kenner

kenner

PostSubject: Re: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:06 pm

anyone know if you can convert and register a WR400 (2000) to road legal in NYS ? would it make any sense to do so if it was possible?
Back to top Go down
Swarty

PostSubject: pulled the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:36 am

Kenner pulled the trigger!! WR250R

Ya hoo

Swarty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet to pull the trigger   Yet to pull the trigger Empty

Back to top Go down

Yet to pull the trigger
Page 1 of 1