Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhys54790

Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight Empty
PostSubject: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 8:43 am

So the other day I tried to adjust my rear dampening and the adjusted is super tight, so tight that I can't manage to turn it at all either way. Someone please help me!
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 10:09 am

Which adjuster? theres two.
Back to top Go down
Rhys54790

PostSubject: Re: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 2:56 pm

The on on the under side
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 3:43 pm

Is the nut at the bottom of the shock right up against it?
If someone lowered the bike too much it would jam the rebound adjuster.

If its not you will have to have the shock serviced to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Rhys54790

PostSubject: Re: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 4:40 pm

I've had it from new I've only touched the adjuster. Is it a big job to get it serviced?
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 7:56 pm

have you tried spraying it with penetrating oil and letting it sit? Or do you think it is a valve issue (Biglake)
Back to top Go down
Rhys54790

PostSubject: Re: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 8:35 pm

All I really have is silicon lube so I tried that. I don't know what a penetrating oil is /:
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 9:52 am

Wd40, pb-blaster ect... (hope this doesnt start an oil-thread)
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 6:15 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
have you tried spraying it with penetrating oil and letting it sit? Or do you think it is a valve issue (Biglake)

Im guessing the valve is stuck internally as I had the shock on my gasgas do that after never being serviced or adjusted for a few years by the PO, plus its over due for a oil change anyway.

Wd40ing it and letting it soak for a day may free it up if its rusted on the outside of the shock, try that first it may work.
Back to top Go down
Rhys54790

PostSubject: Re: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 7:24 pm

I've only had the bike for a year and usually adjust it for when I was carrying a passenger, but I didn't for about 3 months. It wouldn't get stuck in that short a time would it?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 10:12 am

You shouldn't be adjusting the rebound for carrying a passenger, 3 clicks out from seated is best for everything/everyone with the stock shock and its still too quick but that's as good as it gets without a revalve.

If you had it fully seated or only 1 or 2 clicks out it could be damaged internally, that's why you have to leave it 3 clicks out from seated.

The shock I has issues with went years without service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight   Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear shock dampner adjuster is really tight
Page 1 of 1