Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
davidb

Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking? Empty
PostSubject: Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking?   Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking? EmptySat May 22, 2021 7:11 am

Hi All,

I recently bought a 2016 WR250R with 3000kms on it and I am new to the forum. I was making adjustments to the shock and the compression damping screw doesn't click when I am turning adjuster counterclockwise (soft). On the other hand, it does click when I am turning it clockwise (hard).

It's not difficult to get it where I want it but I expected it to click in either direction. Is this a regular thing or do I have a potential problem here?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking?   Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking? EmptySat May 22, 2021 5:26 pm

It should click in both directions.

Check the shock pressure; when it gets very low you tend to get this behaviour.
Back to top Go down
davidb

PostSubject: Re: Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking?   Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking? EmptySat May 22, 2021 6:56 pm

How can I check the shock pressure?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking?   Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking? EmptySun May 23, 2021 12:45 am

If you're planning on doing your own work, get a shock pump and a shock needle.

Or you can take it to a shop where they can check the pressure and refill.

Last edited by johnkol on Mon May 24, 2021 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
davidb

PostSubject: Re: Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking?   Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking? EmptyMon May 24, 2021 11:36 am

A final question: If I buy those items you highlighted can I refill the shock while the shock is still installed on the bike? (Looks like there is quite a bit of room under the nitrogen reservoir.)

And thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking?   Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking? EmptyMon May 24, 2021 7:31 pm

You can do it without removing the shock, but it is a tight fit because the needle assembly is quite long. It also flexes a lot, so it will be a lot easier if you had someone to hold the pump while you inserted the needle, and someone to hold the needle while you pumped.

The opening is tiny, so be careful not to bump the needle on the walls; if you do, make sure there are no burrs on the needle tip before inserting it into the opening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking?   Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shock compression damping adjuster not clicking?
Page 1 of 1