Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Well, I pulled the trigger........

Go down 
+4
derm75
manganos
INSTIGATOR
Chrispy1200
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Well, I pulled the trigger........ Empty
PostSubject: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Called Forrest at Wheeling today and ordered some dirt wheels for the X. Some Dunlop 606's and a set of studded tires and I'll be able to ride year round. freaky Very happy

Once I get the wheels, I'm going to work on perfecting a quick change setup. I'm shooting for a total wheel change in under two minutes. Rolling Eyes Seriously.... Very happy

BTW, he gave me a great price when I asked him about including a set of factory front and back brake rotors for the wheels. Nice guy to talk to also. Send him some business. thumb
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:32 pm

Do you mind telling me what price he gave you?
Back to top Go down
manganos

PostSubject: Re: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:44 pm

If my WR250X does not sell I'll be buying my dirt rims/tires from them.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ EmptyThu May 07, 2009 8:13 pm

INSTIGATOR wrote:
Do you mind telling me what price he gave you?

$850 for the wheels (which is the advertised price) + $150 for new stock X brake rotors front and back. Good price I thought considering I don't have to pay for extra shipping or anything......
Back to top Go down
derm75

PostSubject: Re: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:19 pm

I emailed Forrest today about about dirt wheels for the X also. I might pull the trigger too. Wondering what some place like Woody's Wheels could do.

edit: I decided to just call Forrest and get it done. cheers
Back to top Go down
pete in atlanta

pete in atlanta

PostSubject: Re: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:23 pm

if either of you guys want to sell your stock X rims, let me know.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:48 am

Chrispy1200 wrote:
Called Forrest at Wheeling today and ordered some dirt wheels for the X. Some Dunlop 606's and a set of studded tires and I'll be able to ride year round. freaky Very happy

Once I get the wheels, I'm going to work on perfecting a quick change setup. I'm shooting for a total wheel change in under two minutes. Rolling Eyes Seriously.... Very happy

BTW, he gave me a great price when I asked him about including a set of factory front and back brake rotors for the wheels. Nice guy to talk to also. Send him some business. thumb

Nice. thumb

I think it's a great idea. I'm just a little too cheap yet since I already have a set of dirt wheels for the KLR.

I can't imagine getting down to changing even one wheel in two minutes though. The brake pads close like the Red See on me as soon as I pull a wheel out.
Back to top Go down
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

PostSubject: Re: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:08 am

It's funny in the way that I own the R & I want to get road tyres put on. Knowing that the tyres I have on now do both on & off road, yet theres still taht something - something that gives you that MOTARD look & fell.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:47 am

I looked at the bike both ways and my first impression was..."It's a dirtbike! It's mean to have dirt tires!" wink I had a 600 sportbike and I don't miss it. Bring on the mud and dark, sexy bush trails!! cheers

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:38 am

Well, yeah. If we all lived where you do they wouldn't need to make street tires. thumb
Back to top Go down
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

PostSubject: Re: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:11 am

lol, The shear look of a R with a nice new set of knobbies on it can't be beatin!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, I pulled the trigger........   Well, I pulled the trigger........ Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, I pulled the trigger........
Page 1 of 1