Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How to stop insert from pushing out?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
softjeans

softjeans

How to stop insert from pushing out? Empty
PostSubject: How to stop insert from pushing out?   How to stop insert from pushing out? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 3:16 pm

Everytime I get back from a ride and the exhaust is hot my quiet insert has pushed out a little like this.
How to stop insert from pushing out? Image13

Then when it's cooled down its goes right back in and looks normal again.
Is there some sort of high temp glue or silicon that doesn't need to bake on that you guys use?

I've tried This but the problem is, it needs to bake on and the insert just pushes out before it gets hot anough to do its job, and by then it's too late.

I've been messing around with this for FAR to long now and I just want to ride the god damn bike GAHHHH

Cheers

Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: How to stop insert from pushing out?   How to stop insert from pushing out? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 9:52 pm

Look inside the insert. There should be a screw inside. Bet yours fell out.
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: How to stop insert from pushing out?   How to stop insert from pushing out? EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 4:00 am

Nope. Scew is as tight as I can get it.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: How to stop insert from pushing out?   How to stop insert from pushing out? EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 4:03 pm

The exhuast-putty will harden after some time, but you can help it on its way with a hairdryer :)

Some hightemp rtv-type stuff might be better. You could also drill a holw throug the exhasut and db-killer and use a bolt and nut.
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: How to stop insert from pushing out?   How to stop insert from pushing out? EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 4:42 am

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
The exhuast-putty will harden after some time, but you can help it on its way with a hairdryer :)

Some hightemp rtv-type stuff might be better. You could also drill a holw throug the exhasut and db-killer and use a bolt and nut.

I let the exhaust putty sit for 2 days and let the bike run at idle for a a good wile and it still wasn't hot anough for it so set, so I'll think I'll look into the high temp rtv stuff. Do you know what kind of temperatures the exhaust gets to? Thanks
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: How to stop insert from pushing out?   How to stop insert from pushing out? EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 9:15 pm

softjeans wrote:

I've been messing around with this for FAR to long now and I just want to ride the god damn bike  GAHHHH

I don't see how this can have any effect on your riding. What difference does it make to your riding or the aesthetics of of the bike if the quiet insert is 'out' by a couple of mm's?

Mine is exactly the same. I remember you had the problem of the hole/bolt lining up and had to drill a little bit out for it to fit (as did I)....this little gap must be the difference.
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: How to stop insert from pushing out?   How to stop insert from pushing out? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 5:33 am

beer goggle wrote:
softjeans wrote:

I've been messing around with this for FAR to long now and I just want to ride the god damn bike  GAHHHH

I don't see how this can have any effect on your riding. What difference does it make to your riding or the aesthetics of of the bike if the quiet insert is 'out' by a couple of mm's?

Mine is exactly the same. I remember you had the problem of the hole/bolt lining up and had to drill a little bit out for it to fit (as did I)....this little gap must be the difference.

Well true isn't really affecting anything but it is leaking from round the edges. Just bugs me having to keep going back and fiddling with it after spending quite a large amount of money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to stop insert from pushing out?   How to stop insert from pushing out? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to stop insert from pushing out?
Page 1 of 1