Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF PC4 cracked

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
beer goggle

beer goggle

FMF PC4 cracked Empty
PostSubject: FMF PC4 cracked   FMF PC4 cracked EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:28 pm

Just when I thought everything was fine & dandy with my WR I discovered a crack on the inner part of the pipe just before the muffler...

I'm going to get in touch with FMF about this, as I'm not exactly thrilled to find this flaw. I guess I'm just going to have someone weld it up for me...

FMF PC4 cracked IMG_5403_zpsapxbd3qr
Back to top Go down
N8

FMF PC4 cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF PC4 cracked   FMF PC4 cracked EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Good luck. My powerbomb cracked around one of the welds 360 degrees and they told me to go pound sand.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

FMF PC4 cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF PC4 cracked   FMF PC4 cracked EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 7:32 pm

Don't waste your time contacting fmf to get it fixed, theres no warranty on pipes for a good reason, one crash and it can break or bend the mounting bracket and crack shortly after.

Since its still together it should be easy to get welded as its still lined up properly. thumb
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

FMF PC4 cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF PC4 cracked   FMF PC4 cracked EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 11:03 am

Biglake wrote:
Don't waste your time contacting fmf to get it fixed, theres no warranty on pipes for a good reason, one crash and it can break or bend the mounting bracket and crack shortly after.

Since its still together it should be easy to get welded as its still lined up properly. thumb

Yeah I'm not waiting for anything from FMF, but I do want them to know that their shiny expensive product cracked on a bike with no structural damage for no apparent reason.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

FMF PC4 cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF PC4 cracked   FMF PC4 cracked EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 11:30 am

That seems like the right thing to do. The more people who tell'em whats wrong, the better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FMF PC4 cracked Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF PC4 cracked   FMF PC4 cracked Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF PC4 cracked
Page 1 of 1