Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bravo21

Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR. Empty
PostSubject: Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR.   Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR. EmptySun May 15, 2016 12:39 pm

The introductions here sound like a 12-step support group.  Maybe it is, since riding this thing is addictive!  

I just bought a used, one-owner 2012 in March.  It only had 2,550 miles on it and had already been well farkled with a Tail Tidy kit, ProTaper bars, Cycra hand guards, Flatland skit plate and radiator guard, and double-take mirrors.  When I went over the bike in detail when I got it home, I figured out why.  The bike was a the first one for the previous owner and I'm pretty sure she fell a lot.  I think she bent the stock bars.  The Cycra hand guard plastics were heavily scratched and gouged and one of the stock mirrors she provided was broken.  

Other than changing oil, break fluid, antifreeze, and generally cleaning it up really well, the only other repair I've had to deal with is a leaking fork seat, which I used a Seal Mate to clean some dirt and debris from.  So far, it's holding.  Oh, and I had to replace the whole headlight as the chrome reflective surface had been melted off.  I suspect a halogen bulb exploded on one or two of her little get-offs and cooked the inside of the housing.  When I took the hosing off, there were a bunch of little class fragments in it.  I bought a replacement off of eBay and upgraded to an LED bulb.  

For a few hundred extra bucks, the seller tossed in a brand new Giant loop Coyote bag and a used Mohave bag.  I've installed a Agri-Supply tool tube on the left rear side and am fabricating my own tail rack for it. After that, I'm pretty much ready for an ADV trip.  

My last dual Sport was a Kawasaki KL250 Super Sherpa, which was a fantastic little bike but is now my son's first dual sport.  The WR has what the Sherpa lacked and then some: height, horsepower, and suspension.  

Thanks for all the free help here.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR.   Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR. EmptyMon May 16, 2016 4:44 am

Hi Dave, welcome to our supportgroup Shog
Back to top Go down
Bravo21

PostSubject: Location   Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR. EmptyTue May 24, 2016 1:41 am

By the way, I'm from Spokane, Washington.
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR.   Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR. EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:49 am

Welcome aboard Dave. Congratulations! Sounds like you got a great bike with low mileage. Great folks here on this site and a ton of information, so enjoy.
Back to top Go down
05cr125r

05cr125r

PostSubject: Re: Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR.   Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR. EmptyTue May 24, 2016 9:38 am

Welcome brother...myself i have been dealing with a leaky fork seal. iv'e tried the seal mate to not much avail. Bought new seals but have not attempted to change yet. baldy
Back to top Go down
Bravo21

PostSubject: Re: Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR.   Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR. EmptyTue May 24, 2016 10:33 am

05cr125r wrote:
Welcome brother...myself i have been dealing with a leaky fork seal. iv'e tried the seal mate to not much avail. Bought new seals but have not attempted to change yet. baldy

I understand your frustration.  Mine had a leaky seal when I got it (with only 2,500 miles on the bike).  Used a steal mate and thought I had it licked.  Rode it in a bunch of dirt and mud - same fork started leaking again.  Did the seal mate again and it appears that it's stopped.  I added a set of Seal Savers this time to help keep the dirt out.  Crossing my fingers that the seal's re-seated properly this time.

Are leaky seals common on a bike with this low miles?  I haven't had this issue with my Kawasaki KL250 or Suzuki V-strom.

Last edited by Bravo21 on Tue May 24, 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR.   Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR. EmptyTue May 24, 2016 11:30 am

Welcome aboard...I picked up a 2015 with 1100 miles a little over a month ago and my FJR1300 hasn't been ridden much since, lol Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR.   Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello. My name is Dave and I own a WR.
Page 1 of 1