Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

front sprocket fitment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thekeeper

front sprocket fitment Empty
PostSubject: front sprocket fitment   front sprocket fitment EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:36 am

hey all, ordered a 12 teeth countershaft sprocket.

FE brand.
now its different from stockand i found here that its fine couse of the rubber in stock for less noise and so on...

question is, it has a flat side and a non flat side. which side faces out?
front sprocket fitment 0000-MSR-Racing-Ironman-Front-Countershaft-Sprocket
front sprocket fitment $_35
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: front sprocket fitment   front sprocket fitment EmptyFri May 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Flat side towards the engine, raised side towards the nut.
Back to top Go down
unruly

unruly

PostSubject: Re: front sprocket fitment   front sprocket fitment EmptyFri May 20, 2016 5:57 pm

I beg to differ.

Flange should be installed in towards the transmission, flat side should be outward.  This provides correct offset so the chain line runs straight.

There is a big washer under the sprocket retention nut that seats against the flat surface of the sprocket.

At least that's the way I did it.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: front sprocket fitment   front sprocket fitment EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:49 pm

unruly wrote:
I beg to differ.

Flange should be installed in towards the transmission, flat side should be outward.  This provides correct offset so the chain line runs straight.

There is a big washer under the sprocket retention nut that seats against the flat surface of the sprocket.

At least that's the way I did it.

I install mine this way too.

When you have the stock one off and compare it to the new one its clear which way it goes. thumb
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: front sprocket fitment   front sprocket fitment EmptyFri May 20, 2016 7:12 pm

The stock counter-sprocket doesn't have a raised face, at least for mounting purposes anyway. The gear teeth are in the centerline of the flush face of the gear on either side. (I.e. it doesn't matter which direction the stock sprocket goes on.)

If you put the raised face of the new counter-sprocket towards the engine then you will have moved the centerline of the gear teeth away from the engine by a distance equal to the width of the raised portion of the sprocket. That's why I made my previous suggestion. This is easy to confirm with a tape measure by temporarily placing both sprockets on the shaft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: front sprocket fitment   front sprocket fitment Empty

Back to top Go down

front sprocket fitment
Page 1 of 1