Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Need help with electrical problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SkylineX

Need help with electrical problem Empty
PostSubject: Need help with electrical problem   Need help with electrical problem EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 6:32 pm

Some time ago I was riding my WR250X and noticed that the dashboard was throwing a code. I pulled over and the bike died. I looked the code up and the ecu was not receiving enough power. At first I though the R/R went bad but then I heard that there was a recall on the stator. Does anyone know how I could test for myself to see what's wrong with my bike? I hooked up a tester and the bike seemed to be supplying power to the R/R but I might have been doing something wrong. I don't know why the R/R would fail it doesn't seem to be a common problem with these bikes. Thanks in advance for any info.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Need help with electrical problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with electrical problem   Need help with electrical problem EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 1:54 pm

SkylineX wrote:
Some time ago I was riding my WR250X and noticed that the dashboard was throwing a code. I pulled over and the bike died. I looked the code up and the ecu was not receiving enough power. At first I though the R/R went bad but then I heard that there was a recall on the stator. Does anyone know how I could test for myself to see what's wrong with my bike? I hooked up a tester and the bike seemed to be supplying power to the R/R but I might have been doing something wrong. I don't know why the R/R would fail it doesn't seem to be a common problem with these bikes. Thanks in advance for any info.

Is there a reason you don't want to bring the bike in for the recall?
Back to top Go down

Need help with electrical problem
Page 1 of 1