Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Need help with electrical problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SkylineX

PostSubject: Need help with electrical problem   Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:32 pm

Some time ago I was riding my WR250X and noticed that the dashboard was throwing a code. I pulled over and the bike died. I looked the code up and the ecu was not receiving enough power. At first I though the R/R went bad but then I heard that there was a recall on the stator. Does anyone know how I could test for myself to see what's wrong with my bike? I hooked up a tester and the bike seemed to be supplying power to the R/R but I might have been doing something wrong. I don't know why the R/R would fail it doesn't seem to be a common problem with these bikes. Thanks in advance for any info.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Need help with electrical problem   Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:54 pm

SkylineX wrote:
Some time ago I was riding my WR250X and noticed that the dashboard was throwing a code. I pulled over and the bike died. I looked the code up and the ecu was not receiving enough power. At first I though the R/R went bad but then I heard that there was a recall on the stator. Does anyone know how I could test for myself to see what's wrong with my bike? I hooked up a tester and the bike seemed to be supplying power to the R/R but I might have been doing something wrong. I don't know why the R/R would fail it doesn't seem to be a common problem with these bikes. Thanks in advance for any info.

Is there a reason you don't want to bring the bike in for the recall?
Back to top Go down

Need help with electrical problem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1