Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Airbox Mod

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jkroes

jkroes

Airbox Mod Empty
PostSubject: Airbox Mod   Airbox Mod EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 3:48 pm

Hey Guys,

Curious if anyone is running their airbox similar to this?

photo image_zpsixagjujy.jpeg

I was in the process of doing an airbox mod I found online but unless there is good reason for me to put the snorkel thing back in I am thinking of keeping it this way?

I can understand the concerns about keeping water out but every mx bike I've ever rode has had an open airbox similar to this with a foam filter and I never had a problem with them so I can't see this being different? Right? Right...  scratch

Looking for advice in case I am missing something... dunno

And as a side note, if I do keep it this way will I have to adjust my programmer settings from what I had with just the flapper glued down? Exhaust is currently stock but will be changing in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Airbox Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbox Mod   Airbox Mod EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 9:54 pm

My guess is the tip over switch won't function as it was intended in it's new location.

Wonder if you pull an extended wheelie if you will see the motor shut off.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Airbox Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbox Mod   Airbox Mod EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 10:31 pm

The snorkel piece gets water splashed onto its sides every time I ride off road, if you ride off road put it back on and cut the top off it, the opening will be the same size but water wont splash right in. You could also make some sort of splash shield to do the same thing, water comes in right around the frame tubes beside your opening.

Heres a pic of my set up note the mud on the snorkel, it would've been on the filter without the snorkel there to stop it.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/17/97/50/10/dscn0012.jpg

I cut a hole right above the filter to give it as much air as possible, this location is protected better than the stock one for offroading and is more inline with most dirt bikes.

rsteiger is right about the tip over switch too, it needs to be mounted sideways to where you have it or the bike will shut off doing wheelies or riding down steep hills lol.
Back to top Go down
jkroes

jkroes

Airbox Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbox Mod   Airbox Mod EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Thanks guys,

I didn't even think about the direction of the tip over switch so I will change that once I figure out what to do with the snorkel.

I think I will try to do something like you suggested Biglake and cut the top off the snorkel but still use the benefit of the bottom part of it to direct splash away from the air filter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airbox Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbox Mod   Airbox Mod Empty

Back to top Go down

Airbox Mod
Page 1 of 1