Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Just another airbox mod

Go down 
+3
Krabill
SheWolf
mwakey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mwakey

mwakey

Just another airbox mod Empty
PostSubject: Just another airbox mod   Just another airbox mod EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:13 pm

Airbox mods vary from tame to wild, and everything inbetween, if you've read enough of the forums in the last year. After looking at all the other ideas, I came up with this one. What started life as a Yamaha outboard dual binacle control box cover, ended up being the perfect size and shape for my new airbox scoop. I cut the back side off the control box cover and ended up with this (shown next to the stock airbox lid)...

Just another airbox mod NewOld1

Then I added a sceen on the opening to keep the bugs out, and bolted on the lean angle sensor and made a mount for the FMF Programmer, similar to the ECU mount...

Just another airbox mod ScoopAssembled

I had to do a lot of fine tuning with the sander and cutters on the mating surface to make it sit flush on top of the airbox, but I think it came out good. It fits like a glove right over the stock opening. Then I glued it down with SuperGlue and sealed around the bottom with black silicone.

Just another airbox mod CustomAirboxScoop1

Just another airbox mod CustomAirboxScoop2

Just another airbox mod CustomAirboxScoop3

There is a much larger opening there now so I think I'll be getting enough air finally. I have been putting off modding the airbox cuz I just didn't like what I saw others doing. I think this will work out great. Now if it doesn't rain tomorrow maybe I can give it a test ride.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Just another airbox mod   Just another airbox mod EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:17 pm

Nice clean mod, Mark! thumb You're such a perfectionist. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: Just another airbox mod   Just another airbox mod EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:43 pm

That's sweet thumb
Back to top Go down
seattlechronic

seattlechronic

PostSubject: Re: Just another airbox mod   Just another airbox mod EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Very Clean!
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Just another airbox mod   Just another airbox mod EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 1:09 am

Good post. Definitely food for thought. I'm going to have to look at that carefully.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Just another airbox mod   Just another airbox mod EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:46 am

This is the part of the control box cover I used. I cut off the back side where the red circle is. This is an old style 704 box. They don't make it anymore, but you might find one at a marina who has some junk parts.

Just another airbox mod Yamaha704DualBinnacleControl
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Just another airbox mod   Just another airbox mod EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:25 am

Nice air box mod. I would have to say it is one of the CLEANEST yet.
If anyone discovers something else you could use to go ontop the airbox(more easy to find/buy/get)
Please let me know.
Back to top Go down
bubba

bubba

PostSubject: Re: Just another airbox mod   Just another airbox mod EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 11:27 am

Just another airbox mod Airbox14
controlerbox is very interesting things I see. Its looks very nice and it seems fits perfect. I couldnt find any one mod like that before. So, I had to come up with my own idea for mine. This is what I have done for mine.
I wanted more air goes in but didnt want water run in to it. Then I came up with wall around the hole. It works so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just another airbox mod   Just another airbox mod Empty

Back to top Go down

Just another airbox mod
Page 1 of 1