Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Looking for comprehensive parts list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
critt

Looking for comprehensive parts list Empty
PostSubject: Looking for comprehensive parts list   Looking for comprehensive parts list EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Hello all,

I'm hoping that somebody can help me find a comprehensive parts list for a fork and shock rebuild. I generally know the major parts that I need, but I have never done the work before so I don't know the finer details. Exactly which parts are "wear" parts and which will be fine to reinstall?

Thanks,

James
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for comprehensive parts list   Looking for comprehensive parts list EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 12:32 pm

I'm pretty sure the only "wear" parts are the seals and oil, both of which should be replaced with a rebuild or upgrade.  I had my suspension rebuilt by a local Race Tech shop last winter and just checked the invoice for the list of materials:

Rear Shock:
- Valves (Race Tech sells theirs as a kit with 1 part number.)
- Seal head
- Shock fluid
- Shock spring (optional, but recommended for 185+ lb riders.)
- Shock spring collars x2 (required to fit the slightly shorter aftermarket spring to the stock shock assembly.)

Front Forks:
- Compression valves
- Rebound valves (Note: Unlike the rear shock, Race Tech sells fork rebound and compression valve kits separately.)
- Fork seals (I prefer SKF brand.)
- 5 weight fork fluid.
- Fork springs (optional if you find the stock spring to be soft.)

I paid around $1250 for all of the above, including professional installation which was only $220, or about 18% of the overall project cost.  After reading the rebuild sticky threads in the suspension subforum and looking at the photos I quickly decided that was $220 well invested.

Here's a reference link to Race Tech parts.

... and a link to Go Race Suspension's web page with similar overall pricing.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Looking for comprehensive parts list   Looking for comprehensive parts list EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 8:57 am

Theres kit for the front frok on ebay, from "all balls" with the slidebushings ect. (no seals tho)
Buy good japaneese seals, they seem to wotk better than the cheapest ones.

I've ordered them and will give them a try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for comprehensive parts list   Looking for comprehensive parts list Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for comprehensive parts list
Page 1 of 1