Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What's Next On Your List?

Go down 
+14
skierd
Chadx
INSTIGATOR
bubba
SpiritWolf15
ZED
Skip
mtb
Gargoyle
PQRS...
mwakey
SheWolf
john92
motokid
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

What's Next On Your List? Empty
PostSubject: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 4:55 pm

What do you "plan" to do next to your WR/R WR/X?

Next purchase?

I'd really like a FMF Q4 slip-on.....but money may dictate something simple like replacing the rear-view mirrors....or cleaning up the rear fender area.
Or some kind of hand-grip cover/protectors.

I want MX boots bad so I can go ride in the dirt....which may mean I push off the Q4 and look into Distanzia's if I really get addicted to getting dirty.

The list is growing for me rather than shrinking.

What 'chu want?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 6:00 pm

Boots would be a real good idea if you want to offroad.

I want to get a programmer, exhaust and some more of the zeta billet guards. I got the front sprocket cover so far and it's very nicely made. they seem to make some good stuff.

I know what you mean about the list growing and growing.....
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:15 pm

Getting the PowerBomb most definitely. Might splurge for that nice HID EC has; mine isn't quite as powerful. Oh and then there is the secret mod that I can't do until winter... wink

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:27 pm

You can tell me about your winter secret Wolfie. I live in florida and we don't have winter, so I won't steal your idea. Very happy

My list is just about complete, unless somebody comes out with something really cool. So the next thing on my list is to just enjoy the ride. bannana
Back to top Go down
PQRS...

PQRS...

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:43 pm

im thinkin big bore kit.... i could use a lil more grunt. got all the other shit...
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle

Gargoyle

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Next on my wish list is a complete suspension re-build/re-value from Factory Connection.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:15 pm

WR450? wink wink wink
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:20 pm

mtb wrote:
WR450? wink wink wink

You forgot the X at the end. deal
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:07 pm

mwakey wrote:
mtb wrote:
WR450? wink wink wink

You forgot the X at the end. deal

poser2

That's because I am not sure whether I want to wait THAT long for the X version to come out since one local shop is trying to legalise the F version now wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:10 pm

I'm patenting a mini-keg for Mark's bike...complete with siphon hose. Very happy bannana

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Is that your secret winter project?
Back to top Go down
Skip

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:36 am

Gotta change the rear cog. I have changed the front to a 12 but the rear needs a 46 or 47. Then the gearing will be sweet.
I didnt mind the power stock with just the airbox flapper held open (I just tec-screwed it open) as long as you ride it in the sweet spot.

Last edited by Skip on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:45 am

My next mod is to pull the AIS and EXHUP schmutz off and put on the shiny new FMF Q4 that just arrived. bannana
Should be interesting.

P.S. SheWolf, if your winter plan is what I'm thinking, then I don't think your little WR250 will be up to the task. I've heard it takes some serious grunt and is hard on the engine. wink
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 5:54 am

ZED wrote:
My next mod is to pull the AIS and EXHUP schmutz off and put on the shiny new FMF Q4 that just arrived. bannana
Should be interesting.

Post pics....please.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:20 am

PQRS... wrote:
im thinkin big bore kit.... i could use a lil more grunt. got all the other shit...

How serious are you thinking?

$1000 is a lot for 5 more horsepower isn't it?

I assume you've spent at least that much already if you have all the other shit?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 10:06 am

Nope...that isn't my winter project. Very happy Although a mini-keg for a bike would be kinda cool. Looks nicer than a Jerry can. lurk

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 10:35 am

Buying a WR and then modding it to match Shewolfs... only in Black with red yellow and orange accents droooool
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:12 am

I can still see that shit eating grin on your face after you rode it. Priceless. thumb Very happy

bubba

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:13 am

I need Ohlins!! Im waiting and waiting but still not coming out on for sale. Does any one knows why?
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 12:19 pm

290 big bore, SS brake lines and that's it till the 450 comes out. Then I'll start all over again.
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:29 pm

My remaining list is borrrrrrring. My upgrades are coming way slower than I'd like, but I'm just not willing to spend the money right now and figure I'll replace things as they wear out, brake, etc. I've only done the critical things like skid plate and storage (dirtbagz and EBs side and rear racks on on the way), and do-it-yourself things like cutting away radiator defelctor, etc.

Next, and at the same time, will be 46t rear sidewinder sprocket and chain and 606 rubber. Also wanting/needing to do radiator guard, new bars and handguards, and front and rear disc brake guards. Not too worried about LED turn signals, tail-tuck, or other cosmetic things. If I end up tearing things off in crashes, I'll worry about that then.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:38 pm

bubba wrote:
I need Ohlins!! Im waiting and waiting but still not coming out on for sale. Does any one knows why?

I've about given up on Ohlins for this bike. I don't think they're ever going to have one for us. I'd be there in line if they did. I'll be getting my rear shock rebuilt next winter.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 12:31 am

Eh, I'm pretty well done with it for now. Skid plate, disk guards, hand guards, new bars, rear rack, rotopax rack, dirtbagz, wolfman enduro tank and tail bags, a garmin, zeta sprocket guard, and D606's all done, plus 13/47 sprockets and a new 110L chain to be installed once I have the time and waiting for my Force rad guard and Zeta folding levers to come in. Yeah... I'm pretty damn happy with it.

Maybe next year I'll do the airbox mod, full FMF exhaust and programmer, and remove the EXUP and AIS kits, maybe not. Probably will add the GYTR caliper and zeta chain guard before that, maybe that new radiator hose kit, a few of the billet GYTR engine dress up items... Still debating going to LED blinkers and an Edge taillight, maybe once I break it. All depends on if/when I get into RallyMoto... I guess I'm not done after all poser2 .
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 12:15 am

good
next on my list ....
wide footpegs
taller bar mounts
new gearing and chain,somewhere in the 3.80/3.90 to 1 range
programer
exhaust

farther down on the list...maybe a go-pro camera,all the video i've seen using them look really good. i bought a canon zr80 mini-dv camcorder a few years back with the intentions of using it with a helmet cam system,but i lost intrest in doing that as newer,better and less expensive stuff started comming out right after i bought it.

even farther down on the list....another second bike. i've owned alot of different bikes over the years,most of them being mx type,in all sizes.....i do at times miss what they are all about,but then i remember why i bought the wrr....because most of my riding areas now are broken up and requires some street travel to connect them up.
Back to top Go down
bubba

bubba

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:48 am

ZED wrote:
bubba wrote:

I've about given up on Ohlins for this bike. I don't think they're ever going to have one for us. I'd be there in line if they did. I'll be getting my rear shock rebuilt next winter.

oh thats sad If they really don't ready for us. If you used ohlins once, you can't compair with modified stock shock. But I can't wait too long so I might have rebuilt as you do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Next On Your List?   What's Next On Your List? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Next On Your List?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next