Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New to the forum and needs help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PrettyRicky218

New to the forum and needs help Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum and needs help   New to the forum and needs help EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a long time rider, but new to the dual sport bikes.  I grew up racing motocross, have had a number of crotch rockets, and now have my wr250x and a victory cross country.

I was so excited when I got my 250X a few months ago.  It is a 2008 and was all stock with 3700 miles on it.
I got it home and ordered an FMF power core slip on for it
took the AIS off, ripped the top of the airbox off
took the exhaust servo out and thought I was ready to go.
I learned that perhaps I shouldn't have ripped the top of the airbox because it ran like crap.
So I ordered and FMF programmer.  (not sure what settings I should be using) I installed that tonight hoping it would solve all of my bike problems and while it did run better, the bike did not have the power to wheelie (And I'm pretty good at rockin' some wheelies,  Like I said I grew up racing motocross)
I can do another post or search around for days trying to figure out what programmer settings to run, but the problem I have is that the bike will not start after it's been heated up.
It also will not maintain idle and dies every time I put it on the kickstand (this isn't a kickstand sensor thing) or lean it over like it were going on the stand.  It seems the lean angle has something to do with my bike shutting off??

Another random question - does the servo emulator do anything other than turn the light off on my gauge?  Are there any other benefits?  I could care less about that light and have not bought the emulator.

Please help me as I obviously need my bike to start after it's hot, and it should idle while on the kick stand.  It does for like 4 seconds and then just shuts off.
Pretty bummed as summer is almost here and I have not spent a lot of money on this bike.

Thanks again!

P.S.
I should add that the guy I bought it from has dropped it before. I've been doing some reading and perhaps it could be a tilt sensor?
The fuel pump I hear is a common problem, but I can hear it turn on when I turn the bike on, and the guy said he never had any problems when he owned it.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum and needs help   New to the forum and needs help EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:16 pm

Was the bike running fine before you started modifying it? If yes, then none of the stock components (like the lean angle sensor) are suspects.

Have you looked into the FI Mapping thread for suggestions on what settings to use with the FMF programmer?
Back to top Go down
PrettyRicky218

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum and needs help   New to the forum and needs help EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:23 pm

update. After lots of reading on here and doing some research I went back out and pulled the seat off. I found my lean angle sensor. I'd had just shoved it off to the side and forgot about it. I ripped the whole top of my airbox off, and with that was my mounting place for this sensor.
Can someone point me to some step by step instructions on how to disassemble and disable this lean angle sensor. Perhaps this will solve my problems.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum and needs help   New to the forum and needs help EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 9:39 am

PrettyRicky218 wrote:
update.  After lots of reading on here and doing some research I went back out and pulled the seat off.  I found my lean angle sensor.  I'd had just shoved it off to the side and forgot about it.  I ripped the whole top of my airbox off, and with that was my mounting place for this sensor.  
Can someone point me to some step by step instructions on how to disassemble and disable this lean angle sensor.  Perhaps this will solve my problems.

I was going to say that if you ripped the top of your airbox off, you need to properly relocate the tilt sensor. You can probably bypass the wiring, or just zip-tie it to the frame somewhere making sure that the "up" is facing up and it is oriented correctly. Or put your airbox lid back on and cut away everything except the sensor mounting location.

Found this on a search:

Quote :
If you just want to deactivate it without buying anything here is what you do.
Unplug it.
The inside pieces will slide out if coaxed.
Inside you will find a rubber gasket, black plastic piece that holds everything in place, a circuit board, and a half moon shaped magnet.
On the circuit board there are 3 prongs.
Holding the circuit board so that the prongs are pointing up, look at the one on the right.
Below the prong on the right there are two small black squares.
Use electrical tape to tape the magnet in place over the black squares.
Test and reassemble.
It will be a tight fit so make sure you have the prongs in the right place to slide back into the connector the first time.

From this thread: https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t2432-removing-tip-over-switch

Also, if you want to remove it completely: https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t1740-lean-angle-sensor#16031
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum and needs help   New to the forum and needs help Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the forum and needs help
Page 1 of 1