Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

250R on an MX track????

Go down 
+2
King Wolf
INSTIGATOR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

250R on an MX track???? Empty
PostSubject: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:02 pm

Anybody use the R2 on an MX track? If so how is it?(suspension,motor etc)
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 pm

I plan to hit up a few tracks here wants it warms up at bit. But haven't really rode on any yet with my R. Will let you know when I do though.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm thinking of getting a wheel set and hitting the local tracks... 250R on an MX track???? 163123
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Sounds like a plan. When you say wheel set...do you mean a R set cause you have the WR250X? Or just some offroad tires?
Back to top Go down
jacque372

jacque372

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:01 am

i have taken mine to the track. last weekend i took it to nemx indoor track and rode for four hours straight. there were only four of us riding so tons of track time. the bike has no suspension mods and the bike is very hard to ride on a indoor track. the bike bottoms out on every jump and you think your ankles and forearms are going to snap off. the jumps are right out of the turns and with the lack of power you really have to work hard to clear every thing. the weather was nice so the outdoor track was open as well the bike did much better out doors there is a big camel back jump and when i tried to clear the whole thing which is about 65' the landing was so hard that gas tank dented in and the brake line with the was so high above the triple tree it caught the front of my helmet. i had good time but i'll leave the wr home next time
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:34 pm

King Wolf wrote:
Sounds like a plan. When you say wheel set...do you mean a R set cause you have the WR250X? Or just some offroad tires?

Yes I have an X. I ride a lot of street,so switching tires back forth wouldn't be practical.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:36 pm

jacque372 wrote:
i have taken mine to the track. last weekend i took it to nemx indoor track and rode for four hours straight. there were only four of us riding so tons of track time. the bike has no suspension mods and the bike is very hard to ride on a indoor track. the bike bottoms out on every jump and you think your ankles and forearms are going to snap off. the jumps are right out of the turns and with the lack of power you really have to work hard to clear every thing. the weather was nice so the outdoor track was open as well the bike did much better out doors there is a big camel back jump and when i tried to clear the whole thing which is about 65' the landing was so hard that gas tank dented in and the brake line with the was so high above the triple tree it caught the front of my helmet. i had good time but i'll leave the wr home next time

Thanks, not exactly what I was hoping to hear 250R on an MX track???? 9356 , but I had a feeling that's what it would be.
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:18 am

jacque372 wrote:

you described exactly what i was thinking the wr would be like on a mx track......except for the gas tank part. damn you must have been hammering it all out on those jumps. 250R on an MX track???? 204616
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:43 am

jacque372 wrote:

So are you talking about a WR250X or R here? The X right?
Back to top Go down
jacque372

jacque372

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:58 am

no that's my r i took
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:58 pm

I've taken mine on an intermediate track a couple of times. My son has a WR-250F and you really can tell the difference in the suspension and performance when I trade off with him. I think the jumps take their toll on the R2 with the extra equipment/weight.

HP
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:06 pm

HighFive and Krabill did some comparisons on the MX track in the shootout articles on www.wrrdualsport.com

First one is here, it's about 4 pages I think; just keep clicking next article at the bottom of each page until you don't want to anymore--

http://www.wrrdualsport.com/shoot-out/shootoutmx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 250R on an MX track????   250R on an MX track???? Empty

Back to top Go down

250R on an MX track????
Page 1 of 1