Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front wheel install/Fork unbinding procedure

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CC_Rider

Front wheel install/Fork unbinding procedure Empty
PostSubject: Front wheel install/Fork unbinding procedure   Front wheel install/Fork unbinding procedure EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 pm

Hey guys, I'm back with another 2008 wr250r. It's been about a year since I sold my last one, and I'm happy to be back

My last bike came with an owner's manual, this one did not. I downloaded both the service and owner's manual to pdf.

Looking through both manuals, I cannot find the procedure to ensure the forks are not binding.

I swear my '08 owners manual had a section on the proper sequence to check that the forks are operating smoothly. Either that or I dreamed it up...

I want to pull my front wheel and reinstall it properly, and make sure the forks are free'd up... but like I said I can't find the procedure.... it's sorta driving me crazy/ questioning my sanity.

I can find generic wheel install instructions and fork unbinding procedures but I SWEAR there was one for the wr250r in the manual :/
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Front wheel install/Fork unbinding procedure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front wheel install/Fork unbinding procedure   Front wheel install/Fork unbinding procedure EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Install wheel axle.
Tighten axle nut.
Tighten fork pinch bolts on the left-hand fork leg.
Hold front brake lever while pumping forks up and down several times.
Tighten right-hand fork pinch bolts.
Back to top Go down

Front wheel install/Fork unbinding procedure
Page 1 of 1